Sculpted acrylics lifting at the cuticle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
I trained with young nails and have been seeing issues with customers
my mum for one. I sculpted my acrylics as I was taught but my mum noticed when we was washing her hair bits of hair would get caught under the nail at the cuticle and I think it was because it has lifted slightly this was only 5 days after application. I tried to file it down and apply an infill which helped for a couple of days then the issue was back

can anyone give any insight?

I always clean my hands and my clients hands before i start using alcohol hand spray, I then file the nail plate, use swipe to remove dust and oil then apply two coats of protein bond?

what am I missing

please help

Are you giving each coat of protein bond a couple of seconds in between to dry up? WHen you go to apply the bead by the cuticle, are you just dropping it in and letting it flow or are you pressing it in. I know it's easy to let the bead just flow into place, especially with Young Nails acrylic because they have a wetter consistency but you need the bead on the firmer side so you can actually press it in. It lifts off easier when you just drop it and let it flow into place.

Do you remove cuticle from the nail plate before applying the product?

I push back the cuticle and scrape off any left on the nail.

I will try using a firmer bead next time and really push it into place and see if that make any difference!
thank you all very much

:hug:

Latest posts

Back