Sculpting help please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsNovice

Reaction score
Dear All

I tried doing my first set of sculpted nails last night... stupidly tried first time on my self.

They weren't too bad for my first attempt, but there are a couple of things I could do with your advice on:

- when i removed the forms, the nails even once shaped were very wide at the top (free edge), they are almost an upside down triangle shape if you can imagine what I mean !!!

- I am not 100% sure i am correctly putting on the form, they are my creative ones from when I did the course years ago, but I was following pictures in the latest issue of scratch magazine... can someone advise on correct procedure.

Thanks very much everyone.

Claire

You must shape the barrel of the form to a nice sleek narrow shape and then 'fix' it there using the tabs.

Much easier to use a Nail Trainer than yourself to practice some sets on!!

The look you have is very common with those new to sculpting if they have not had a class to help them with technique. A class is Always the best way to go.

There is a Creative Master Class on Sculpting and it is well worth doing believe me .. it would also continue your education towards being a Creative Master by getting one Master class under your belt.

Latest posts

Back