sculpting natural enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinacrawshaw

Reaction score
Hi just done a search be need more advice. When sculpting and some1 wants natural what do you use so that nails arnt transparent?

Have you tried mixing some white & pink powder together in a separate little pot and using that for the 'white' tip ? :)

Dont use l&p but for my gel enhancements I've started using white builder gel which looks like a blended tip would. Also just bought some natural builder gel but havent tried that yet. I use IBD.

These nails (you can see a larger image in my gallery) that I did for The Creative Solar campain I used a mixture of Creative Nail Design Perfect Natural and Perfect Soft White to acheive the look.

Attachments

• solar_oil_copy_thumb.jpg
    solar_oil_copy_thumb.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 166
Tried it last weekend and bought the kit. Has a color chart kinda like stylist use to mix haircolor. Great Product that will allow techs to charge top dollar.

GEEG , what was the mix ratio you used?

geeg said:
These nails (you can see a larger image in my gallery) that I did for The Creative Solar campain I used a mixture of Creative Nail Design Perfect Natural and Perfect Soft White to acheive the look.

Now those are the kind of nails that I would love to be able to create - perfect!!!

nailman said:
Tried it last weekend and bought the kit. Has a color chart kinda like stylist use to mix haircolor. Great Product that will allow techs to charge top dollar.

GEEG , what was the mix ratio you used?

Darlin Marvin!!

I wish I could tell you but on the day in the studio I just winged it and did my own thing till I got it right for this model whose natural nail was on the 'ivory' side of white. I would guess for a starting point that I used about 3 to 1 soft white to natural and then I added a pinch of the yellow.

They were form sculpted using Performance Forms. Great Fun to do.

geeg said:

I could eat those nails up - they look gorgeous!!

Thank you very much. :o

It was a great thrill to be asked by Creative to do the nails for this add campain. I have always wanted to do one for them and the person who inspired me years ago was a lady by the name of Barbara (Griggs) Barlow. She used to do all the posters and adds for Creative and I wanted to be just like her.

Considering I do not do nails for a living anymore it was very brave of Jan Arnold to ask me I think! :eek: It must be like riding a bicycle ... you don't forget, thank goodness. :biggrin:

tinacrawshaw said:
Hi just done a search be need more advice. When sculpting and some1 wants natural what do you use so that nails arnt transparent?

Hi
I use cesars moon powder/ Salon soft white with is a lovely natural colour
Hope this Helps

geeg said:
Thank you very much. :o

It was a great thrill to be asked by Creative to do the nails for this add campain. I have always wanted to do one for them and the person who inspired me years ago was a lady by the name of Barbara (Griggs) Barlow. She used to do all the posters and adds for Creative and I wanted to be just like her.

Considering I do not do nails for a living anymore it was very brave of Jan Arnold to ask me I think! :eek: It must be like riding a bicycle ... you don't forget, thank goodness. :biggrin:

Geeg, do you know who did the nails for the Creative Brisa poster...the girls hand has a ballon ribbon wrapped her finger, its in my nail room and gives me inspiration....thats how i want my nails to look. xx

Actually I don't know who did those, but I can find out .... I know a person who will know :biggrin: .

Ahhh Geeg - those nails are just gorgeous - scrummy.

Isn't it just great that we can now custom blend everything? Not forgetting zone 1 aswell.....

Recently I've been reminding everyone that STILL only 10% of women have their nails enhanced......

Custom Colour Blending is the answer - the chip proof, indestructable manicure - customized armour for the nails.

We all need to get a our clients guessing at Geeg's picture - dare them to guess whether they are natural nails or enhanced!!

:Love:

NailStyle said:
Geeg, do you know who did the nails for the Creative Brisa poster...the girls hand has a ballon ribbon wrapped her finger, its in my nail room and gives me inspiration....thats how i want my nails to look. xx

A Creative Ambassador by the name of Roxanne Valinotti did the nails for the Brisa images. My friend Pat Ybarra came through for me on this one ... thanks Pat!! xx

Latest posts

Back