Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to all yu gel users how do you get a good c curve as syou cant pinch with gels. Is it all in the application of the form or is it better to sculpt with l&p?

i too am a sculpt wanna be!! i wonder why are we all so afraid of it !!! i dont mind sculpting the odd broken one but darent do a full set !!

amb x

zoeCU said:
I have also wanted to sculpt for ages, but only ever do it on myself. Too scared to do it on paying clients. Was just wondering Jen if it was the skill building application you learned how to sculpt and did you get a fair amount of time practicing in class. Just wondering as i was thinking of doing this class or a one to one.

Hi Zoe
The class was 10am - 4pm (we had an hour break for lunch) and the rest of the day I was doing sculpts or watching demo's of the tutor doing sculpts. These skill building days are like one2one but with a few more people in the class (4 in mine) and its to tweek or learn what ever you are having difficulity with. So I could have done other things if I wished, and by sculpting I did do my white powder ratio which I was getting too wet so covered everything I needed.

About half the cost of actual one2one, but still a lot more hands on with your trainer than the other courses I have done.

PMSL

its not just you Sassy , i read it like that as well, thought th G.Pigs nails were a bit small to be fitting a form under and how cruel lol

daft mare will teach me to skim read lol
x
Sassy Hassy said:
I was half asleep when I read this - I thought I've heard of peeps painting their dogs toe nails (HEATHER!), but how the hell do you get a form on a guinea pig's nails ... then I saw the bit about your mum! Come on Sas, WAKE UP!

I LOVE SCULPTING!!!

I really do! Its quick,you just do your prep and get stuck in, and its more cost effective. Personally i think they look better, and clients always comment on how much nicer and "normal" they feel compared to tip and overlay.

That's it Michelle when you come home we are going to sculpt, sculpt and do even more sculpting. Infact you will R.S.i in more than your arm by the time WE are fininshed. You will be glad to go back the the Isle of Wight....pmsl...

.....you think i'm kidding?

mamma said:
That's it Michelle when you come home we are going to sculpt, sculpt and do even more sculpting. Infact you will R.S.i in more than your arm by the time WE are fininshed. You will be glad to go back the the Isle of Wight....pmsl...

.....you think i'm kidding?

I know your not kidding Debbie!
I dont mind going through some sculpting with you, i love it!! Thats if my arm hasnt fallen off by then!!! LOL!!

I would love to do it too!! The first and only time I tried it was on my mum. Her hypo-watsit grows right to the end of her nail so fitting a form was tricky. Unfortunately, the finished nail was more like a wedge.....:eek: .... Maybe I should have another go!!!

come on you lot, get your sculpting forms out and get going!
you can then come and give me a run for my money in the sculpting cat in the pro nails comp's!
there r always loads of tip & overlay competitiors, but only a handfull of sculpting ones.
get some education, i reckon that learning how to sculpt on a form is the most requested thing i get asked to teach.
liza

Ooh I really want to sculpt now - Any Brisa sculpters out there? Any advice?

Sassy Hassy said:
I was half asleep when I read this - I thought I've heard of peeps painting their dogs toe nails (HEATHER!), but how the hell do you get a form on a guinea pig's nails ... then I saw the bit about your mum! Come on Sas, WAKE UP!
PMSL Sassy...what a cute, funny mental image I'm getting from that!!

He He Samantha the financial benefit wouldn't slip through my fingers!!!

I acheive a nice c curve with gel by ensuring my forms are perfectly fitted to ensure an round, even c curve, I always use a thick builder gel to sculpt my c curve and apex in with my brush....pinching is not always necessary (and impossible with gel!)
I have sculpted with ibd, LCN, Brisa and Gel It with no problems.

My best tip for you is to work THIN.....the majority of people when they start sculpting with gel is to work really thick as they think they are likely to break....keep them thin and balanced with all the curves in the right place and they will be fine....

HTH
Clare x

I adore sculpting. Aaaah the freedom.
Its cheaper, it's quicker and your acrylic self levels onto the natural nail - Allowing you to transform an odd looking nail into the perfect form
How many nails are shaped to the perfect shape of a tip? and glue will never last as long as etching the natural nail, applying primer and L&P

As for pinching sculpting gel! Of course you can!

Apply your base gel, freeze for twenty seconds and then pinch and continue. Easy peesey.

Hi there,

I used to be so againts sculpting. I used to think that there was no way that a sculpted tip could be as strong as a plastic tip, or what happens if you bumb your nail - there is no tip and a sculpt would bend!

Well i am eating my words now!! i have tried it on myself and love it. i have also tried it afew time on one of my regulars and found it lasts bette on her than a tip.

I dont offer this as a service because i still need practice

BUt go for it!

No sizing, no pre-tailoring, no adhering, no BLENDING!!! BLISS!!!!

OK it's a WEE bit difficult to master, but I tell you guys, once you've done it, it is the quickest, strongest, most natural feeling enhancement you'll ever give or have.....go for it guys!!!!!

I love Sculpting............. once you get the hang of the forms you will hardly ever need to use your tip box..... Only if there really is no other option...........
An art well worth mastering in my book..........

Hi where do you buy the nail trainer in live in New Zealand my be you have a web address that i could get one throught cheers Karen
bimbogeri said:
Hey Kimmi
I've taught myself sculpting, and although I wouldn't claim to be great at it, it's not as hard as I thought. The hardest part for me is getting the shape of the free edge right, and I have been known to sculpt the basic shape, then remove the form, file into the right shape, and then continue to work as if working on a tip!! :o

Because I have been practising on a nail trainer I've been using those re-usable forms as I can't get the sticky forms to stay on the plastic, but my favourite sticky forms are the IBD forms or the Creative ones that come in the try me kit, they're pretty fab too.

I would say give it a bash and see how you get on, it's probably not as hard as you think it's going to be.

me too Lol - i find it quite addictive once i start - really feels like you are creating something. I will definately take a skillbuilding class though!

Hey Kimmi
I've taught myself sculpting, and although I wouldn't claim to be great at it, it's not as hard as I thought. The hardest part for me is getting the shape of the free edge right, and I have been known to sculpt the basic shape, then remove the form, file into the right shape, and then continue to work as if working on a tip!! :o

Because I have been practising on a nail trainer I've been using those re-usable forms as I can't get the sticky forms to stay on the plastic, but my favourite sticky forms are the IBD forms or the Creative ones that come in the try me kit, they're pretty fab too.

I would say give it a bash and see how you get on, it's probably not as hard as you think it's going to be.[/QUOTE]

sculpting only gets better with practice

Latest posts

Back