sculptured: what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neata

Reaction score
can you tell me what you think of these sculptured nails it is the first time doing them this way
tishaafter1.jpg

come on please leave me a comment :| .............good or not so good we all learn from our mistakes

they look pretty good..the only negative I see was the dark line between white and pink. It kind of makes it look like the seperation just before a fill. but the shape and smooothnes looks realy good..Nice job ...I like them...:wink2:

thanks for your coment, the line is a line of glitter is because the customer had very short nail beds and wanted them to look long, i think the glitter gives them the feeling of long ned beds, what do you think:?: :|:idea:

I really like the ring finger and thumb. From the picture it looks like a smooth Mauve where as the otghers have too dark of a line. Nice glitter effect though...Like I said they look great to me.:biggrin:

thanks your comments mean alot, a great boost if you know what i mean:lol: :biggrin:

It would help if the photo was more clear.

My professional opinion is that the white free edges are too wide and appear quite thick. The apex on the thumb is placed very low and gives the side view an extreme rounded and hooked appearance.

I do not think the glitter elongates the nail bed but the idea is unusual. Using an opaque powder would have elongated the nail bed more successfully in my opinion whist the glitter just draws attention to the shortness of it.

The surface shine looks very good, and the ring finger has the straightest sidewalls and shape. Imitate that 9 more times :D and you're on a winner.

thanks i will rethink the colours next time and i think the reason they look thick is that i sculptured with clear first then put on the white then the pink and glitter and then a coat of clear, will deffo take in your advice for next time. also i took the picture on my phone and it makes it difficult to get a clear picture.

Hi Neata
I love doing sculptures and it takes me longer to do tips.
well done 4 doing sculptured nails. They aren't esasy but once you master it its a fab.
i like the way you use the giltter line to elongate the nails.
my critic is that the thumb (from what i can see) is bulbus in zone 2 and too thin in zone 3. Blend zone 2 more in with zone 3. Also i would have shaped the sides of the free edge a little more tapered, they like quite square, to give the elusion of a longer nail.
I hope what i have said makes sense and enjoy sculpting!

great idea about shaping the free edge i shall have a word and see if she will let me reshape them and then i will try and post another picture

lots of peeps are looking but not many are replying!!!:sad:

I have to say for a first attempt well done you!! I have only recently started doing sculpts myself, but in my opinion, they look okay for a 1st attempt.

In my opinion, you really do have to taper the free edge more when doing someone who has shorter nail beds other wise they will look thick, wide and bulky. As Geeg said, an opaque pink would be better so you can elongate the nail bed then only have a short white free edge.

When you have a long nail bed, even though the white won't be deep they will look more natural this way and not so in your face.

I also wouldn't use glitter along the free edge as this brings your attention to the fact they are wide. ( sorry, i don't mean to sound harsh, just had similar experience with this myself.)

Keep on practising, you will find ways to make them better. Well done you.

Latest posts

Back