sealing sidewalls & zone 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Last prob to sort out then i think im sorted!! sealing the sidewalls aahh,
right guys now from time to time when a client comes cack for infills they look a little tatty around bottom of sidewalls. Now am a right in thinking that this is lack of me sealing the sidewalls?? not so much a problem in the cuticle area. Little tiny bits start chipping from lower sidewalls.

I am trying to keep L&P margined around the perimeter but sometimes find this hard, does the buffing also go anyway to sealing the sides in or could it be i am not pressing the product in enough. i sometimes find this area can get a little discoloured because they are not sealed as well as they could be.

just bumping this back up, coz no-ones answered me! :cry:

HELP!

hi have you had a look at geegs tutorials in the premium geek section ? i think there is one about this in there , hth

When I did my conversion I was shown to put the bead in zone 2, press out to one side and seal, press out to the other side and seal. The 'seal' part I hadnt been shown when I did my original training and was basically wiping the product down over zone 1, but just at the very sides (hope im explaining this well enough lol). You didnt wipe the centre section yet, just pat, pat, pat until it starts to set a little and then stroke down so that you dont get pink all over the white i assume?

so, place the ball pat out to side, drag down, pat out to other side, drag down, pat pat pat across middle, smooth out into zone 1. Confused?? lol.... hth x

I find on customers with flatter nail beds I don't appear to have a problem, its those who's nail beds are very curved. I think it can sometimes be difficult to pat the product in on very curved nail beds so I make a real conscious effort to rotate each finger more to seal the side walls. HTH.x

Aspirations said:
When I did my conversion I was shown to put the bead in zone 2, press out to one side and seal, press out to the other side and seal. The 'seal' part I hadnt been shown when I did my original training and was basically wiping the product down over zone 1
yes thats exactly like me, I also did VTCT and was never shown how to seal edges in, I wipe the product down the sides, take it now then that this is wrong!
Have read tutorials. Still not sure :sad:

you just need to walk it across, pressing firmly as you go, and when you get to the sidewalls wipe down but not so hard that you drag all the product down too...hth

Latest posts

Back