Self employed beauty therapist on a percentage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lajerrom

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've already read a few posts regarding this subject but I just wanted to clarify!

I'm currently a mobile beauty therapist and am studying my NVQ level 3 one day a week.

I have applied for a job at a near by salon and the owner has said 'It's full time ideally Tues- Sat. It's self employed position but on a percentage base, so I will be providing all stock and equipment'

So does this mean I would be self employed, pay my own NI and tax, take all the payments from my clients, pay the owner a % (usually 60/40 I understand) keep all the client cards, choose my own hours, holidays and prices?

I have a meeting with her on Tuesday so I want to be clued up as possible on what I'm getting myself into and not sign my life away to a contract that is illegal etc.

Thanks in advance!! Xx

I hate salons that do this.

If you're self employed the following happens. You go into a salon on a percentage split or you pay rent. You take the money from the clients. The client list is yours. You give the owner your rent or percentage. You choose when you do or don't work and you choose when to go on holiday. You pay your own tax and national insurance. You are your own boss. That is self employed.

Employed, you are employed for agreed hours. You make minimum wage at least. You get sick and holiday pay (usually). You have a boss. You arrange days off and holidays with other staff and your boss. Your employer is responsible for your tax and national insurance payments.

Now to what you're being offered. This is what many many salons do to avoid paying minimum wage and sorting tax and national insurance. It is illegal. If she gets caught she will be in trouble with the hmrc. She is calling it self employed but wants you in for certain days. Be warned. One of my clients worked at a salon like this. She was there from 9 to 6 and got a percentage of an eyebrow tidy.

She is intentionally blurring the lines. I will put money on it she will take all the money, pay you a percentage and the client list will be hers.

Good luck

Vic x

I hate salons that do this.

If you're self employed the following happens. You go into a salon on a percentage split or you pay rent. You take the money from the clients. The client list is yours. You give the owner your rent or percentage. You choose when you do or don't work and you choose when to go on holiday. You pay your own tax and national insurance. You are your own boss. That is self employed.

Employed, you are employed for agreed hours. You make minimum wage at least. You get sick and holiday pay (usually). You have a boss. You arrange days off and holidays with other staff and your boss. Your employer is responsible for your tax and national insurance payments.

Now to what you're being offered. This is what many many salons do to avoid paying minimum wage and sorting tax and national insurance. It is illegal. If she gets caught she will be in trouble with the hmrc. She is calling it self employed but wants you in for certain days. Be warned. One of my clients worked at a salon like this. She was there from 9 to 6 and got a percentage of an eyebrow tidy.

She is intentionally blurring the lines. I will put money on it she will take all the money, pay you a percentage and the client list will be hers.

Good luck

Vic x

Thanks Vic, She said the following about why she's going town the % route 'in the past with renting rooms I don't feel people have put all their time and effort into it and they get to choose there products etc and nothing's really been that up to date.' Which I'm fine with as we use the same nail systems and I don't do facials in my mobile business so I don't mind which product house I uses (as long as it's a quality product, obviously!).

So when I go to see her for a chat I've just got to be clear about the points you've mentioned? That I'm still self employed and I'm essentially paying her rent on a % basis rather than a set amount a week?

Thank you xx

I think it's important that you check each other out and in particular, ensure you share the same work ethics.
It's always difficult if one party wants an easy ride and isn't prepared to put effort in. Maybe she's come across therapists who aren't really that invested in building their business and slope off at the earliest opportunity? It does reflect badly on the salon when they do that.

However, it's always good to be fully prepared in negotiations. Copy and paste this into your phone/computer. Print it out and have it with you, so you can refer to it if necessary.

HMRC guidelines Self employed?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vtaxpermanual/VTAXPER69100.htm.

VTAXPER69100 - Particular trades: Hairdressing: Guidelines agreed with the National Federation of Hairdressers

[Important note: Not all of the guidelines have to be met in any given situation. They remain what they are called, guidelines. They are indicators of the type of relationship that exists and some (like employment status of the stylists; the agreement between the parties - whether spoken or written, and the way the money/takings are handled) will carry more weight than others. In any event, you should always read them in conjunction with the foregoing guidance on hairdressing, in particular VTAXPER68600.]

Intent and general principles

To establish a business relationship other than that of employer and employee with the intent by the parties concerned to control their own actions and destiny through observance of the following basic principles:

each party to have ultimate command and authority over all aspects of their respective business or enterprise, and to be readily identified as having such authority;
each party to be responsible for the finances of their respective business or enterprise, and to reap the rewards and losses arising therefrom;
neither party to be solely obligated to - or rely or depend upon - the decisions of the other.

Guidelines

These guidelines support the above and will be used as a means of interpreting the intentions and principles of the parties concerned against their established working practises and procedures. The Guidelines are not exclusive but are indicators of the type of relationship that exists.

1. Status
The independent contractor (the Contractor) within a salon should be self-employed. An employee cannot establish an independent business within the establishment of the employer.
The business or enterprise of the Contractor should be independent of, and separate to, that of the salon and:
maintain its own books and accounting records;
be responsible for its own taxation affairs, health and safety procedures;
attend to its own insurance requirements, including public liability insurance;
be capable of suffering losses (negative profit) as well as enjoying profits;
have complete freedom to establish its own price structure and times of opening (including closure for holidays);
purchase consumables and products from any source, and sell any product range;
be able to compete openly for clients both inside and outside the salon, and to accept or reject clients at will;
be free to appoint locum tenens as the need arises;
be free of restrictions about the sale, disposal or relocation of the business;
display a notice giving the name of the Contractor and address at which documents may be served as required by Section 4 of the Business Names Act 1985;
respond to actions brought against it by third parties;
have its own stationary for business letters, written orders, invoices and receipts.

2. Access
Ideally, there would be separate access to that part of the salon in which the business of the Contractor is situated.
The Contractor to have access to their business at all times and have the ability to be open for custom at any time of their choice.

3. Clients
The clients should be in direct contract with the Contractor and be fully aware of this fact.
Complaints and claims from clients of the Contractor should be directed to the Contractor and not the salon.
Separate appointments (where applicable) should be maintained by or for the Contractor.
Casual clients entering the salon should themselves choose whether to patronise the Contractor or salon, and should have sufficient information to make such a choice based on:
the name(s) and possibly portraits, displayed in the reception area;
an identifiable list of specialities and price lists displayed in the reception area for each Contractor;
the times to wait before receiving attention.
The details, records, and addresses of clients who receive attention from the Contractor to be the property of the Contractor.

4. Money
The money received from clients attended by the Contractor to be the property of the Contractor, whether or not it is taken centrally.
Money collected centrally should either be handed over to the Contractor or paid into an account held in the name of the Contractor.
Money held for and on behalf of the Contractor, and the salon holding such funds should account to the Contractor for those funds.

5. Salon environment
The salon should not exercise control over the Contractor, or impose upon the Contractor codes or standards relating to hygiene or behaviour unless applied equally against all parties with observance measured by an independent authority or peer pressure. Safety regulations imposed on the Contractor by the salon should be no more than that required to comply with current legislation.
The Contractor to be responsible for the conduct, appearance and presentation of the Contractor’s enterprise, and in particular for behaviour, hygiene and safety matters relating to, or arising from, the Contractor’s activities.
There should be clear agreements in respect of services provided by the salon including:
the provision of telephone, heat, light and water;
available accommodation for clients;
reception, appointment booking and cash handling facilities;
use of salon personnel for specific duties and the control and discipline arrangements for such personnel;
use and availability of furniture, fittings and equipment;
laundry services;
marketing and promotion of hairdressing services;
cleaning and washing of floors and equipment;
access and security;
the amount to be paid by way of rent for use of space;
the amount to be paid for use of services, cleaning and maintenance of communal areas or how such charge is to be calculated.

6. Agreement
There should be a clear agreement in writing between the salon and the Contractor that accurately reflects actual working practice.
There should be a clear statement in respect of the term of the agreement, and the obligations and responsibilities of the parties on termination, notice required on termination and where that notice is to be served.
That VAT is to be levied (when applicable) on the charge paid by the Contractor for the services provided by the salon.
The Contractor is responsible for insuring the enterprise against public and product liabilities, losses that could arise as a result of theft, fire, storm, accidental damage etc, and statutory cover in respect of staff retained by the enterprise.
Top of page

Definition
Independent Contractor - a self employed person who provides an independent hairdressing and/or beauty therapy service to the general public from within a salon owned and operated by another person or company.

I was recently in a position like this and actually made a post. I have since decided to leave the position as she paid me 5 days late and as I was advised from other geeks it should never have been a 'when do I get paid' situation. I mainly left because there were too many little things that were bothering me that I kept ignoring but I know it will eventually cause issues between and her . She was also blurring the line between an employee and being self employed , so I cut my losses early tbf before it got too much. It is probably much less complicated to just rent the rooom as the percentage thing just seems like a hassle.

I think it's important that you check each other out and in particular, ensure you share the same work ethics.
It's always difficult if one party wants an easy ride and isn't prepared to put effort in. Maybe she's come across therapists who aren't really that invested in building their business and slope off at the earliest opportunity? It does reflect badly on the salon when they do that.

However, it's always good to be fully prepared in negotiations. Copy and paste this into your phone/computer. Print it out and have it with you, so you can refer to it if necessary.

HMRC guidelines Self employed?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vtaxpermanual/VTAXPER69100.htm.

VTAXPER69100 - Particular trades: Hairdressing: Guidelines agreed with the National Federation of Hairdressers

[Important note: Not all of the guidelines have to be met in any given situation. They remain what they are called, guidelines. They are indicators of the type of relationship that exists and some (like employment status of the stylists; the agreement between the parties - whether spoken or written, and the way the money/takings are handled) will carry more weight than others. In any event, you should always read them in conjunction with the foregoing guidance on hairdressing, in particular VTAXPER68600.]

Intent and general principles

To establish a business relationship other than that of employer and employee with the intent by the parties concerned to control their own actions and destiny through observance of the following basic principles:

each party to have ultimate command and authority over all aspects of their respective business or enterprise, and to be readily identified as having such authority;
each party to be responsible for the finances of their respective business or enterprise, and to reap the rewards and losses arising therefrom;
neither party to be solely obligated to - or rely or depend upon - the decisions of the other.

Guidelines

These guidelines support the above and will be used as a means of interpreting the intentions and principles of the parties concerned against their established working practises and procedures. The Guidelines are not exclusive but are indicators of the type of relationship that exists.

1. Status
The independent contractor (the Contractor) within a salon should be self-employed. An employee cannot establish an independent business within the establishment of the employer.
The business or enterprise of the Contractor should be independent of, and separate to, that of the salon and:
maintain its own books and accounting records;
be responsible for its own taxation affairs, health and safety procedures;
attend to its own insurance requirements, including public liability insurance;
be capable of suffering losses (negative profit) as well as enjoying profits;
have complete freedom to establish its own price structure and times of opening (including closure for holidays);
purchase consumables and products from any source, and sell any product range;
be able to compete openly for clients both inside and outside the salon, and to accept or reject clients at will;
be free to appoint locum tenens as the need arises;
be free of restrictions about the sale, disposal or relocation of the business;
display a notice giving the name of the Contractor and address at which documents may be served as required by Section 4 of the Business Names Act 1985;
respond to actions brought against it by third parties;
have its own stationary for business letters, written orders, invoices and receipts.

2. Access
Ideally, there would be separate access to that part of the salon in which the business of the Contractor is situated.
The Contractor to have access to their business at all times and have the ability to be open for custom at any time of their choice.

3. Clients
The clients should be in direct contract with the Contractor and be fully aware of this fact.
Complaints and claims from clients of the Contractor should be directed to the Contractor and not the salon.
Separate appointments (where applicable) should be maintained by or for the Contractor.
Casual clients entering the salon should themselves choose whether to patronise the Contractor or salon, and should have sufficient information to make such a choice based on:
the name(s) and possibly portraits, displayed in the reception area;
an identifiable list of specialities and price lists displayed in the reception area for each Contractor;
the times to wait before receiving attention.
The details, records, and addresses of clients who receive attention from the Contractor to be the property of the Contractor.

4. Money
The money received from clients attended by the Contractor to be the property of the Contractor, whether or not it is taken centrally.
Money collected centrally should either be handed over to the Contractor or paid into an account held in the name of the Contractor.
Money held for and on behalf of the Contractor, and the salon holding such funds should account to the Contractor for those funds.

5. Salon environment
The salon should not exercise control over the Contractor, or impose upon the Contractor codes or standards relating to hygiene or behaviour unless applied equally against all parties with observance measured by an independent authority or peer pressure. Safety regulations imposed on the Contractor by the salon should be no more than that required to comply with current legislation.
The Contractor to be responsible for the conduct, appearance and presentation of the Contractor’s enterprise, and in particular for behaviour, hygiene and safety matters relating to, or arising from, the Contractor’s activities.
There should be clear agreements in respect of services provided by the salon including:
the provision of telephone, heat, light and water;
available accommodation for clients;
reception, appointment booking and cash handling facilities;
use of salon personnel for specific duties and the control and discipline arrangements for such personnel;
use and availability of furniture, fittings and equipment;
laundry services;
marketing and promotion of hairdressing services;
cleaning and washing of floors and equipment;
access and security;
the amount to be paid by way of rent for use of space;
the amount to be paid for use of services, cleaning and maintenance of communal areas or how such charge is to be calculated.

6. Agreement
There should be a clear agreement in writing between the salon and the Contractor that accurately reflects actual working practice.
There should be a clear statement in respect of the term of the agreement, and the obligations and responsibilities of the parties on termination, notice required on termination and where that notice is to be served.
That VAT is to be levied (when applicable) on the charge paid by the Contractor for the services provided by the salon.
The Contractor is responsible for insuring the enterprise against public and product liabilities, losses that could arise as a result of theft, fire, storm, accidental damage etc, and statutory cover in respect of staff retained by the enterprise.
Top of page

Definition
Independent Contractor - a self employed person who provides an independent hairdressing and/or beauty therapy service to the general public from within a salon owned and operated by another person or company.
You should definatley pin this post on the top of the business thread!

I know this is an old post but wonder if anyone can help on a very similar subject I currently rent a room to do beauty in I work from half 9am to 5pm 5 days a week. We've recently had a new owner in the hair salon, she has proposed to me that can I do 4 days the same amount of hours I'm doing now or do 5 days and start at 9am. The amount of hours I do is irrelevant to me as I'm self employed I told her this, I have also told her twice now that the reason I run my own business is so I can do what I want. Her argument is that she wants the room used to its maximum potential and that means starting at 9am. I don't know what to say to her it's not that I don't wanna start then it's that she's trying to tell me what to do within my own business! Hope someone can give me some advice. As I've just read above I should be able to "have complete freedom to establish its own price structure and times of opening(including closure and holidays)
She also wants me to add more treatments to my list so she can make more money and they are things I know wouldn't be popular. I just see it as I rent the room seperately and she can't really do these things to me. Please any advice ladies? X

Are you on a percentage or do you pay rent?

Hi again vic! Always a drama with the salons I work in at Christmas! I'm on a % what do you think? I can see why she's saying it as I would be there longer to possibly get more clients in. I thought I was out of being told what to do when I started this business! She is a hairdresser but done beauty before and last week done a wax on a customer on my day off! I really think she should of told them they could book with me when I came back to work! She also wants to rent the room out on my 1 day off to someone doing holistic treatments which isn't what I do but I have a problem with trusting people and will have to remover everything from my nice little room all set up and take it home or do something with it every week! Feeling trapped at the moment ☹

This is why I would never rent out as a percentage. Too much of a grey area and if you have a lazy so and so, no money.

Does she supply products? Did she use your stuff to do waxing? If she wants to rent the room out on other days can she supply you with a secure place to keep your stuff?

She can't tell you when to come in or what treatments to offer.

Is it worth asking her to charge you a flat rate for the rental for the week? She then can't rent it out as it's your room.

You're self employed so you decide what you do and when. The owner may request that your flexible or that you keep the front door locked or that your attire is smart but she can't tell you how to work or when.

With a flat rate rental - which is what I do - there no grey area. You come in you work and you pay rent 52 weeks of the year.

Vic x

No I supply all products. Apparently she used her own stuff but a family member of hers came in later on and she done her waxing with my stuff. They're also using my beauty bed. I only know this cos one of the salon girls told me, she still hasn't told me herself. Im concerned something will get broken.
There is no where to store my stuff if I remove it from the room, it's also the whole setting up each week I have retail stands etc.
I could ask but when one of the hairdressers asked to do a day rate/chair rate she said not if it meant they gave less of a % to the salon, which it did so she left!
The previous owner let me do as I liked I could even decorate the room which I was planning on doing but I'm not doing that if someone else will be using it!
I'm not in a contract from the previous owner either if that makes any difference xx

Using your equipment or products is not on and you need to be very firm about this. Tell her you will be charging her for using your stuff, if it happens again.

Sounds like you need to start looking for new premises if she won't agree to a weekly rent.

I agree with @AcidPerm.

She sounds like she doesn't know what the hell she's doing and is playing at salons.

Look for a rental. Yes, you have to pay rent no matter what, but you should have the freedom to come and go and do what you want with your room.

To use your room, couch and products is totally unacceptable and if she can't see this she's stupid as well.

Good luck - at least it sounds like business had picked up for you x

I agree with the above comments too.
Totally unfair on you.
Look for a new room in another salon with a fixed rent (not %). Once found, leave and take your clients with you.
If push comes to shove leave and go mobile temporarily.
Your client contact details belong to you not the salon as you have been self employed while working there.
Be brave, make the move

Thanks for All your help ladies. Unfortunately mobile is not really an option as i know the majority of my Regulars wouldn't want it as its been talked about before and the last thing I want to do is lose clients.
I keep my own client cards and have actually got them at home and take in the ones I need each day for each client as it seems like anyone seems to use and go in my room. I've not had a chance to speak to her yet as I want to print off the above hmrc guidelines so I can back up what I'm saying. Also so busy at the moment with clients I've barely had a break never mind time for a meeting/chat.

I know this is an old post but wonder if anyone can help on a very similar subject I currently rent a room to do beauty in I work from half 9am to 5pm 5 days a week. We've recently had a new owner in the hair salon, she has proposed to me that can I do 4 days the same amount of hours I'm doing now or do 5 days and start at 9am. The amount of hours I do is irrelevant to me as I'm self employed I told her this, I have also told her twice now that the reason I run my own business is so I can do what I want. Her argument is that she wants the room used to its maximum potential and that means starting at 9am. I don't know what to say to her it's not that I don't wanna start then it's that she's trying to tell me what to do within my own business! Hope someone can give me some advice. As I've just read above I should be able to "have complete freedom to establish its own price structure and times of opening(including closure and holidays)
She also wants me to add more treatments to my list so she can make more money and they are things I know wouldn't be popular. I just see it as I rent the room seperately and she can't really do these things to me. Please any advice ladies? X

This is similar to what I have been going through. I rent a room and when I first started at the position the landlady (I guess) seemed really nice, until she changed all my prices by lowering them. Then added treatments to my treatment list that I wasn't qualified in, while telling me I should train in this particular subject right away as there is a strong demand. (which there wasn't)
She was telling me to come in on days I wasn't there and at random times in the evening when most salons are closed to do an eyebrow tidy...she felt I was losing out if I wasn't there.
The local gym was putting packs together for there new clients and ask us to maybe provide money off vouchers for the new clients. I paid for these to be printed and as she didn't like them she threw them away while I wasn't there and designed her own and changed the offer from £ off of deep tissue to 25 % off All treatments.
At this point I had no contract so demanded one. after 3 months and lots of asking I received it.
It stated she could have all my clients info when I leave. To which I used the data protection act.
Access to all my accounts at any time.
That upon leaving I couldn't work within a five mile radius ( I live within 3 miles away)
Basically the list went on I questioned a large amount asking to change things that weren't even relivent to me. After a good two weeks I was so mentally drained so I just signed!
I'm now stuck as if I leave I can't take any of my clients and will have to start again. We all know how hard it is to start out.

I think what I am trying to say is if it doesn't feel or sound right don't go there. Ask for the contract make sure you have every detail before you commit. I was silly enough to trust she wouldn't screw me over.... How wrong was I!
I've been where i am for a year nothing has changed. Every discount I do she will add to so if I did a discount on a mani she will upgrade it to deluxe gel mani and pedi.
I should add I'm not in a salon and I have use of the room 3 days a week and 3 other ladies use the room on other days.
I have a big house move in 2 years so will have no choice to start again but for now I'll just go with it for as long as I can. It wears you down!
I am the second beauty therapist to rent that room. And I am told that the last was treated the same and was given her marching order as she wouldn't do what the landlady wanted.

This is similar to what I have been going through. I rent a room and when I first started at the position the landlady (I guess) seemed really nice, until she changed all my prices by lowering them. Then added treatments to my treatment list that I wasn't qualified in, while telling me I should train in this particular subject right away as there is a strong demand. (which there wasn't)
She was telling me to come in on days I wasn't there and at random times in the evening when most salons are closed to do an eyebrow tidy...she felt I was losing out if I wasn't there.
The local gym was putting packs together for there new clients and ask us to maybe provide money off vouchers for the new clients. I paid for these to be printed and as she didn't like them she threw them away while I wasn't there and designed her own and changed the offer from £ off of deep tissue to 25 % off All treatments.
At this point I had no contract so demanded one. after 3 months and lots of asking I received it.
It stated she could have all my clients info when I leave. To which I used the data protection act.
Access to all my accounts at any time.
That upon leaving I couldn't work within a five mile radius ( I live within 3 miles away)
Basically the list went on I questioned a large amount asking to change things that weren't even relivent to me. After a good two weeks I was so mentally drained so I just signed!
I'm now stuck as if I leave I can't take any of my clients and will have to start again. We all know how hard it is to start out.

I think what I am trying to say is if it doesn't feel or sound right don't go there. Ask for the contract make sure you have every detail before you commit. I was silly enough to trust she wouldn't screw me over.... How wrong was I!
I've been where i am for a year nothing has changed. Every discount I do she will add to so if I did a discount on a mani she will upgrade it to deluxe gel mani and pedi.
I should add I'm not in a salon and I have use of the room 3 days a week and 3 other ladies use the room on other days.
I have a big house move in 2 years so will have no choice to start again but for now I'll just go with it for as long as I can. It wears you down!
I am the second beauty therapist to rent that room. And I am told that the last was treated the same and was given her marching order as she wouldn't do what the landlady wanted.

You are NOT stuck there because you signed her contract. Take that contract and ask a solicitor to check it over, I bet that the contract is not enforcable and you can & definatley should keep all client data. I would even consider reporting her to the HMRC as they hate when people say your self employed but treat you as employed and they will come down hard on her. She has no right to change your prices (HMRC would LOVE this one) and she can't tell you when to be there as you choose your own hours when self employed.

Her contract should have been drawn up by a solicitor and if it wasn't (I guess it wasn't because of the client data bit - the data protection act won't allow you to pass on client data without their permission) then you are free to walk away, set up next door with all your clients & there would be nothing she could do.

You are NOT stuck there because you signed her contract. Take that contract and ask a solicitor to check it over, I bet that the contract is not enforcable and you can & definatley should keep all client data. I would even consider reporting her to the HMRC as they hate when people say your self employed but treat you as employed and they will come down hard on her. She has no right to change your prices (HMRC would LOVE this one) and she can't tell you when to be there as you choose your own hours when self employed.

Her contract should have been drawn up by a solicitor and if it wasn't (I guess it wasn't because of the client data bit - the data protection act won't allow you to pass on client data without their permission) then you are free to walk away, set up next door with all your clients & there would be nothing she could do.
The contract was drawn up by her dad. I have sort legal advice and been told that now I've signed it, If I breach the contract I can be taken to court, but I think I will get a second opinion
Also with regards to hmrc I can't prove she changed my prices and as it states on my contract I am self employed without proof these things are happening they can't investigate it.
Unfortunately she is very clever and covered herself yet is doing everything sneekerly.
She removed the part about client information. Once I bought it to her attention.

The contract was drawn up by her dad. I have sort legal advice and been told that now I've signed it, If I breach the contract I can be taken to court, but I think I will get a second opinion
Also with regards to hmrc I can't prove she changed my prices and as it states on my contract I am self employed without proof these things are happening they can't investigate it.
Unfortunately she is very clever and covered herself yet is doing everything sneekerly.
She removed the part about client information. Once I bought it to her attention.
I would just take my chances and leave with my clients. Everything she has done is illegal.

Go and get a solicitor to look at it and ask if it is legally enforcable. You can usually get 1 hour free with a solicitor so it doesn't even have to cost you (at a push you could go to citazens advice and ask them to get their voluntary solicitor to check it out for you) also it doens't matter if you can prove that she changes your prices, if you tell HMRC that your self employed but these things are happening and ask their advice they will most likley check her out, it is their business to get the proof they need (it's their place to check if your being treated as employed by her & they will whack her with a BIG bill if they find she has treated you as employed but said your self employed).

Latest posts

Back