Self employed stylists/beauticians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Chesire girl i agree some what, but that is why you do not have self employed therapists, you employ them . Just charge the rent you require be it £20, £50 or £100 a day, That way it is fair. If you rent space out you really have no say in what that therapist does she is not working for you, your are just her landlord/lady. And would you share your profits with your tenants ? seems like a very odd statement.

Profit share can work and be very good for all concerned if done correctly. If you rent a house you still have to get permission to decorate , change carpets, put Sky in etc. Hell if you own your house you still need permission of someone to do certain things. I pay my therpaists NMW + commission, which in itself is a profit share. It builds sustainability x

If they respected you at all they'd behave appropriately anyway without being told how to run it, all the money in the world dosent buy you respect #jussaying

And therein lies the problem. A lot of therapists just starting out dont know how to run a business or how a business works. They work in a salon just doing treatments, see what the salon takes (or what they make the salon) and think hey, i can do that. They dont undertand the fundementals or mechanics of running a sustainable business. Plus a lot are know alls and have no respect, not all though, that would be stereotyping x

Yes but there is a big difference between self employed and employed. I employ all my staff , i pay their wages, holiday pay, sick pay , training etc. I like to have control over my business, so self employed therapists would not work for me. I also have a room i rent to a spmu , i was originally going to train myself but had a change of heart. I charge rent , but i have no say in her business, she has her own cash register etc She has full use of our receptionist , tea ,coffee and i include her on all our advertising. But she is a separate business, within my business . x

Yes but there is a big difference between self employed and employed. I employ all my staff , i pay their wages, holiday pay, sick pay , training etc. I like to have control over my business, so self employed therapists would not work for me. I also have a room i rent to a spmu , i was originally going to train myself but had a change of heart. I charge rent , but i have no say in her business, she has her own cash register etc She has full use of our receptionist , tea ,coffee and i include her on all our advertising. But she is a separate business, within my business . x

Same here, with SPMU and Botox. They come in once a month and make a lot of money. I wouldnt expect to take payment for someone who is renting a room, thats their money. Although i would expect rent a month in advance.

Latest posts

Back