Shellac colours affected by sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade-v

Reaction score
Hi, I have a regular client who is going away, she mentioned about having tropix for her holiday but I'm
Sure I have read that it fades on holiday. She is away for 12 days. Here is a pic of my colours, can you tell me which ones fade please x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438496331.610868.jpg

Just been to Greece on holiday, my Tropix is the same as on my sample :)

If any are going to fade it's the red/pink based ones ... Occasionally I'll do a repair and the new nail will look a fraction deeper ... Only fractional tho, and barely noticeable ... But it would only ever be the red/pink tones never other colours.

When i first did shellac I kept my samples on the windowsill - big mistake, after a few months of constant exposure the red/pinks DID fade - I found out when s lady chose one, I applied it and she wasn't at all happy as the colour was deeper. (It was only strawberry smoothie) x

Last edited:
U have to avoid all the light colours because they can fade in the sun.. with the darks shouldn't be a problem .. but I remember the baby pink turn to white in one of our customer .. if she pick the light colour just inform her what can happen so if it does .. she will be not upset

Hot pop pink is a serial fader!! The pink pigment in colours is the most unstable coloured pigment so avoid most pinks if possible or use glitter to cover it to protect the pigment ☺

Tropix is fine. Doesn't fade at all x

I had hot POp pink with sizzling sand on my toes whilst I was away in Rhodes for 2 weeks and the fade wasn't that bad, they are lighter than normal and I could see them going a bit white in the middle but I think the glitter helped! so just warn her xx

Yes hot pop pink is a fader, I had a client whose colour went like a tie-dye effect! Here this may help!x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438552646.296646.jpg

Thanks ladies, I will tell her tropix is fine then. I had blush teddy with grapefruit sparkle on for my holiday and it faded. It looked so horrid I picked it off. (I know I sinned!) x

Has anybody had experience of the reds fading on holiday? I have a few clients off to Florida who I think will want wildfire/hollywood and bicycle yellow, black pool and cream puff disney nail art...would hate to send them out and have their nails fade!! Xx

Never had any problems with reds. :)

Never had any problems with reds. :)

Super - thanks! I know that they'll be on for about 2 1/2 weeks in total ao wanted to make sure! I saw lots of amazing disney nail art when I went out there so can't wait to do it for someone else!! Xx

Pink Bikini fades, had a lady came back from holiday and her toes had a bit of a the dye effect going on! I think they fade more if you are in the swimming pool a lot and don't rinse the chlorine off. Clients that don't swim at lot don't have as much trouble with fading.

Tropix faded on a client of mine whilst away so yes it does fade..I saw it myself when I took it off

Latest posts

Back