Shellac/gel polish similar removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I Haven't posted here in a while.

I offer Shellac & love everything about it...... Except for the major lack of colours/shades. Every time they release new colours, I keep my fingers crossed for NEW not SIMILAR shades!!! But find myself disappointed every time [emoji21]

So, I'm hoping to find another brand (with more exciting colours!) to run along side Shellac, that is equal to it. As in, easy application, no buffing of the natural nail, lasts 2 weeks + AND most importantly of all, the same easy 5-10 minute removal.

If anyone can recommend a brand I would really really appreciate it.

Look forward to hearing everyone's recommendations & opinions.
Thank you [emoji5]️

Have you tried Ink London's Ilac? I'm just trialling a couple of colours myself at the min so I can't give a review yet but somebody on here who uses it should be able to help.

I haven't tried it actually. I've seen Sarah Richardson use it on YouTube I think. I'll ask on here. Thank you & GOODLUCK with it [emoji5]️

Ilac would fit this brief brilliantly. It's pretty much on par with shellac. It applies beautifully and considering the low price it's a very high quality. They have two top coats, a regular and a rock for the harder wearing clients. I would have loved to have used it but some of my clients need more strength so I am opting for more of a gel system.

I think OPI GelColors is a good choice. I don't think anything removes quite as easily as Shellac - although "easy" really means "fast." A minute or two more of soaking is all that is needed for most gel polishes to remove well. Like CND Shellac, the OPI base coat is hybrid, so removes like Shellac. Buffing the nail is optional, although I also use Gelish and LeChat and don't buff for them either. OPI's color range is fantastic and their training is excellent.

I think OPI GelColors is a good choice. I don't think anything removes quite as easily as Shellac - although "easy" really means "fast." A minute or two more of soaking is all that is needed for most gel polishes to remove well. Like CND Shellac, the OPI base coat is hybrid, so removes like Shellac. Buffing the nail is optional, although I also use Gelish and LeChat and don't buff for them either. OPI's color range is fantastic and their training is excellent.

Thank you Nancy.
Is removal the same with opi as it is with shellac, just a couple minutes longer?

Latest posts

Back