Shellac peeled off, re-do or refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Susie here in that I don't think you can't compare lashes to having Shellac applied. Yes, a few clients do try it on. I don't think anybody here would doubt that, however, professionalism here is key and the therapist should undertake to try to find out what went wrong and why and then try to rectify the problem. This is not a simple case of somebody just trying it on.

In this case, the Shellac should not have peeled off just hours after application, but it would appear the therapist has not handled it well.

In your eyelash situation, you should have asked your client to come to you or you should have gone to your client (depending on whom visited whom when the treatment was performed). Having your mum do it and offer her opinion is irrelevant just because she lives nearby, as the contract of service is between you and your client and not your mum and your client. You should have assessed the situation for yourself and offered to redo or refund or not. That is customer service!

Getting back to Skittle's final questions.... yes, I think customer service has deteriorated and you are entitled to a full refund or redo. Please let us know what transpires.

I don't think you are understanding what it is I was trying to say.
I clearly said it was my first complaint and i panicked, so feel there no need for you to comment on my service or professionalism. I never said "oh because my mum said they were fine I refused refund" the point was people will try it on so you need to check them personally.
Also I will say once again there are TWO questions in this thread one asking how the industry is these days so I was explaining how I deal with these situations.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I don't think you are understanding what it is I was trying to say.
I clearly said it was my first complaint and i panicked, so feel there no need for you to comment on my service or professionalism.
Then perhaps this was not a good example to give since it was your first complaint and you panicked.

I never said "oh because my mum said they were fine I refused refund" the point was people will try it on so you need to check them personally.
You did not check your client personally however. You got your mum to drop off the refund which you had agreed to give before checking for yourself. You could not refuse the refund because you gave it without seeing the client for yourself but freely commented about your mum's feedback.
Also I will say once again there are TWO questions in this thread one asking how the industry is these days so I was explaining how I deal with these situations.
In my professional opinion, I don't think you dealt with it professionally.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek
I understand you fully but I don't think you are understanding what it is I am trying to say. I am going to leave it at that now as I can see this just going back and fourth and is not helping the original poster. I don't wish for this to become personal and this was not intended.

Last edited:
i had shellec done last week and yes mine did start to peel of the next day after having them done, and they had wrinkles on the surface where they had got to hot under the light, 4 had started to peel of and nail vanish remover got the rest of it was just the normal nail vanish remover not acetone, anway cut a story short she found out it was actually her light that was at fault so got a new one and she done them again for me today free of charge and they are fine this time.

I have had a peeling issue with one client. That night she told me two of her nails had peeled off. I was shocked and baffled as I meticulously did all the steps. I apologized and offered for her to come back in the next morning. I redid the two peeled nails and later that night....same nails peeled again.
She is a very sweet lady and we were both bummed. We think that she just may not be a candidate for Shellac. :cry:
Despite all this, I'm having her come back in to remove it and I offered to paint her nails with regular polish. She was quite happy with the plan. She may not be a Shellac client for me, but I'm sure she will be coming back in for a mani or pedi. :)
If I were in your shoes, I would expect something to happen other than being brushed aside. Good news travels, but bad news travels faster.

i have had exactally the same problem with 1 lady, and my other regular ladys i have never had any issues.
this lady now still comes to me every 2 weeks without fail for a manicure as she said in all the years she has been havig her nails done she had never seen such thourough care and attention taken and her nails have never looked so gd,,
i simpley include (cnd cuticle remover) with her manicure and finnish with solar oil:) xx

so skittle, we are all dying to know, how did you get on. did you have them redone or did you get a refund. Ax

Latest posts

Back