Shoe Shine....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky_kiz

Reaction score
A friend of mine has said that she had this technique on her hair with 3 colours to give the shine and really fine 'highlights' but researching this it appears that only guys or people with short hair have this done... she has pretty long hair so now i'm totally confused! can anyone help? i always have my haircoloured but the foil sections are never fine enough and always look a bit stripy... i guess cus they have one colour and then the next etc...:rolleyes:

i have no idea how this would be a good technique for 3 colours??
i use this for gents really... even 2 colours would be impossible?!?
unless i'm wrong??
i'd be interested to know how to do it on long hair? xx

A friend of mine has said that she had this technique on her hair with 3 colours to give the shine and really fine 'highlights' but researching this it appears that only guys or people with short hair have this done... she has pretty long hair so now i'm totally confused! can anyone help? i always have my haircoloured but the foil sections are never fine enough and always look a bit stripy... i guess cus they have one colour and then the next etc...:rolleyes:

Your friend is confused!!! Sounds like they have used a spatula for me if the effect is natural and lots of different colours !!!

Thanks Luce, can you tell me a bit more about how this is done? just the effect is amazing, it's like some one has but 100's of tiny foils in to achieve the result which coudln't be possible cus it's take forever! x

With a spatula you can put many colours into the hair very quickly.It can be woven / sliced just as you would with foils and as there is nothing keeping the colours separate (no foil or meche) it give a much more natural effect as they tend to blend a little. Perfect effect for medium to long hair if only requiring tinted hair!

thanks luce! I've had a look on google and that looks ace! i presume it just paints on? does it matter if yuo put more than one colour in at a time? do they not mix? or do you have to make sure to keept he colours kind of seperated still? I've never heard of nyone doing this so will ahve to ask about as i don't want someone to mess it up! lol :lol:

Most hairdressers are just as competant doing a spatula as doing foils. It can go very wrong when done incorrectly so make sure you get a professional to do it.

Latest posts

Back