Should I charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hi

Im a student nail tech and I am charging people who I am practising on for the products I am using. A lady who I did a full set of gel nails on at the weekend has phoned me to say she has broken one and can I repair it.

OF course I have said I will.

I am only charging £10 for a full set of nails.

She is coming round later on today to have the nail repaired.

I dont know whether to charge her for the repair or not. To be honest it doesnt seem worth charging a couple of pound for a repair but there again if I think that way with everyone all those couple of pounds soon mount up!

Or as a goodwill measure do I just do the repair and hopefully she will become a regular client of mine.

What do you think?

Debbie xxx

I have probs with this...but people soon take the p**s so i would do it this time but tell her future repairs are going to cost.

xxx

Ditto Angie, you took the words right out of my mouth! :)

Hi chicken pie - I say start as you mean to go on -you'll have to charge her in future so I'd do 1 on the house then business as usual !

What part of wales r u from by the way ?I'm not far from Cardiff in S Wales !
Good luck and talk soon
jayneym xxx
welshrarebit said:
Hi

Im a student nail tech and I am charging people who I am practising on for the products I am using. A lady who I did a full set of gel nails on at the weekend has phoned me to say she has broken one and can I repair it.

OF course I have said I will.

I am only charging £10 for a full set of nails.

She is coming round later on today to have the nail repaired.

I dont know whether to charge her for the repair or not. To be honest it doesnt seem worth charging a couple of pound for a repair but there again if I think that way with everyone all those couple of pounds soon mount up!

Or as a goodwill measure do I just do the repair and hopefully she will become a regular client of mine.

What do you think?

Debbie xxx

Hi

Thanks for the replies

I think I will do her a freebie this time but say any future ones will be chargable!

ARGH its so hard asking people for money! Ive been doing really well getting bookings but when it comes to asking for their money im a bag of nerves! lol

Im in Rhyl North Wales. And a wet Rhyl at that today as well!

Debbie xxx
jayneym said:
Hi chicken pie - I say start as you mean to go on -you'll have to charge her in future so I'd do 1 on the house then business as usual !

What part of wales r u from by the way ?I'm not far from Cardiff in S Wales !
Good luck and talk soon
jayneym xxx

yes i agree clients will take the pee.

Make a policy then stick to it!!

good luck!!

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, they do take the p**s. One on the house and that's it. Means that they tend to take care of the nails more when they realise that if they keep needing repairs, they'll have to pay! The can't walk in car garages and ask for free repairs!!!

Hi Debbie
Nice to see more Welsh girls on here!!!

Sue

i also charge £10 for a full set. Because i'm still learning, i tell clients that if any lifting happens within 5 days, i'll repair for free. if its after 5 days then i charge. luckily i've had no lifting so i just charge another £10 for infills/repairs etc. (breakages i still charge per nail whatever length of time after as its not my fault)

emma x

Latest posts

Back