Should L'Oreal stay or go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanityVictoria

Reaction score
Hi all,

I trained with L'Oreal colour and have been using it for years now. But i have my own salon now and i find it just too prices at the moment with just opening.
So my question is what should i change to? There are so many professional colours around :eek:. I've used Rusk before but unsure about it. Or should i carry on using L'Oreal and have it in the salon?
I've got TIGI Bed Head products for the salon but unsure about their colours, never used them before :confused:.

Any help would be great. :hug:

Tori x

MATRIX ALL THE WAY, FAB EDUCATION, low prices and there retail does sel las it is cheaper than the rest, and they are co owned by loreal :)

I actually switched from l'oreal to matrix, costs were getting to high, but you wont look back. The l'oreal group is massive great brands like redken, kerastase, shu uemura, amongst others, Matrix is no1 in america but no 4 over here. I agree with 6886 fab education, great montly deals, friendly reps and everything you spend you get 5% back to spend on other things. Colour coverage is good, for reds though il always stay with majirouge. Great start up deals too! Im gona be a bit biased coz im gettin 84-90ml colour tubes rather than 50ml. If your looking for other brands ive heard some great things about nxt too, they have 100ml just try a couple tubes out and see how that goes for ya! xoxo

Heya I use loreal but have been on a matrix course. I found the colours I tried good and may convert at some point, I would say of you are looking for a cheaper brand go with matric NOT nxt100. Nxt is wishy washy and doent cover greys well. Matrix has a much better reputation and I thaught the colours on my course were great and smelt good too. x

I used NXT in the salon I was in and hated it. Everything came out really warm and the shade chart was nothing like the colour that would appear on the hair.

Cheaper isn't always worth it.

I recently switched from majirel to redken colours. I thought nothing would beat majirel, but it does.

Totally aggree with wonderwoman. Switched from Majirel to Redken and the coverage was so much better, but just way too pricey Matrix is the same consistency as Redken but bigger tubes. colours are very true. Only problem I find is the keep discontinuing the violets and reds, which of course all my clients want!
Redken, Majirel and Matrix are all sisters so hold very similar technology. Shampoo's arnt nearly as good as redken though. We use Pureology, and Biolage for a cheaper option.
xx

i also use loreal in the salon and have done for 5 years now and i am feeling like i want a bit more choice of colour and was looking into the redken range too percianista:lol: how would i go about getting it? do i need to be a redken salon or can i have a mixture of majirel and redken? and would you say the reds and hilift blondes are better in majirel or redken? i dont really know alot about redken as i have only ever used loreal

I am not sure if you need to be a redken salon.
The highlift blondes are totally superior, but I think the reds are better in majirel. Coppers are better in redken tho.
Grey coverage is amazing with redken, really dense.
Semi permanents in redken called shades EQ are the best on the market by miles. Salons change to redken just to get them.

i definately would like to try the high lift and the tints in the redken range i just dont know how to get about ordering them in i cant seem to find anything on the internet. will i need to do some sort of training day to use them or are they quite straight forward as i have only ever used loreal:irked:

They run loads of courses, but initially the educators came and did a day in salon with us.
You get points with Redken depanding how much you spend, and these can be used to buy courses and training.

Our Salon has changed from L'Oreal to RUSK Deepshine. My Top Color Technical is a L'Oreal Master Colorist but still wanted to make the switch.

Here are the main reasons.
  • Huge cost savings by the switch since L'oreal uses 1.7oz tubes compared to Rusk at 3.4oz tubes.
  • Rusk offers monthly specials which never happens with L'Oreal.
  • Rusk has a trade-in program where we traded in all our unused L'oreal Color and RUSK gave us a FREE Salon Intro Kit Valued at $550. It works out to 2 Rusk Color tubes to every 1 L'Oreal.
Another bonus was that Rusk Color is manufactured in ITALY and the quality of color and shine is excellent.

Latest posts

Back