Silver shampoo turns extensions grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secrets hair

Reaction score
Ive fitted some hair extensions to a client and she's washed them in silver shampoo and they have turned purple/grey

Used colour 20 platinum blonde and colour 60

Never had this happen before

???? And I supplied her with extension shampoo and conditioner and maintenance sheets

Last edited:
The hair's grabbed, was it by any chance human hair? The violet dye normally counteracts brassy hair, refreshing blonde hair. I think your client has used this shampoo too frequently for this to occur, as the shampoo is intended for use 1-2 times a week max. The other thing is she may have left shampoo in a lot longer this is where shes experiencing purple/grey hair. Get her to use a clarifying shampoo in the meantime and let her know that shes using it far too often! hths xoxo

Hey wonder,

It was human hair, I only fitted them yesterday, she's actually started cutting some of the extensions out, I'm going to fix tomorrow and give her her money back if she likes.

I've just never had this happen before and am not too sure what to do

Hey wonder,

It was human hair, I only fitted them yesterday, she's actually started cutting some of the extensions out, I'm going to fix tomorrow and give her her money back if she likes.

I've just never had this happen before and am not too sure what to do

Why give her a refund?? She has ruined your work by cutting them out!! And the tone from the shampoo would of washed out. I personally wouldn't refund someone who messed with my work!!

I totally agree with Blue rinse. If the extensions were of good condition when you fitted them anything a client does that may alter them ie colouring is down to them. If you're worried about keeping the client for the future then yes I'd work "with" her to rectify the problem but there is no way I would refund in this situation. Do you give a good in depth aftercare regime and discuss at consultation do's and dont's with the extensions as if you have then this is purely a case of the client not following the aftercare rules. Coupled with the fact she has started cutting them out before you have an opportunity to look at or discuss rectifying anything for her I would say she has waivered any rights there. xx Don't blame yourself for something like this - too many clients do not listen to aftercare instructions - that really is down to them. xx

Latest posts

Back