SJK superior range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtjb91

Reaction score
I haven't used sjk in about 2 years because of quality issues.

Has anyone used their new superior range? It's obviously not Russian for the price but what is the quality like?

Fabulous! I think it's the one all the celebrities that wear SJK wear. Definitely an improvement in the hair x

Still awful hair and customer service. I wouldn't risk it xx

Regrettably.. thought I'd try it as I thought they surely can't say 18 month wear and the hair still be rubbish.. but low and behold it was.. 3 weeks later #60 weft was dry, matting and split

I really really like it! I am wearing it myself and I have done a few refits on it and its still beautiful.
regarding customer service I think they are one of the nicer suppliers always willing to help over the years I have been using them.

Regrettably.. thought I'd try it as I thought they surely can't say 18 month wear and the hair still be rubbish.. but low and behold it was.. 3 weeks later #60 weft was dry, matting and split
They're still such a joke then!

I haven't used sjk in about 2 years because of quality issues.

Has anyone used their new superior range? It's obviously not Russian for the price but what is the quality like?
I ordered the superior weft for a client I knew that although they say it's Russian it was most likely not, however I assumed that the hair quality would be a high grade ! Firstly when it came I took it out of the pack and knew straight away this was low quality hair, it felt and looked like cheap Indian hair. The hairs were shorter all over the weft and it was dry and brittle. This is NOT Russian or even at best correct cuticle hair, it's dry and there is no way clients will get 6 months let alone 18 months out of this ! These guys need to stop doing what their doing, they are scamming people with cheap hair, charging what they want and putting totally inadequate labels and time frames on the hair ! Stay away from SJK guys !

I have it in now. Before putting it in, we did a test on the hair by bleaching one-third of a test strip, doing a color lift on another third, and leaving one as is. There was little difference between the bleached and color lifted strips, indicating that the hair had been processed very little. The hair had been bleached at most once and definitely started in the blonde spectrum. It may have been dark blonde, but blonde nonetheless. Definitely not Indian or Asian hair. I've had both and the texture is different.

I have #613, #22, #10 as nano's and wefts in #24, #22, #20, and #16. The nanos and the wefts were very thick from top to bottom. While not all of the hair was the same length, you don't actually need that, since it would require more layering later. The blondes are all a bit more gold than I've used in the past, but it was solved with some purple shampoo, and it all matches my hair very nicely now. The hair is not fine but medium texture and very thick. I've had it in for two weeks, and have been curling it almost daily. No damage yet. I'll post an update later closer when I get a full refit in 3 months.

People who are not satisfied with the hair might have expected a finer texture. For me, it was a perfect texture match and makes a great head of "princess hair". It looks completely natural and is indistinguishable from my own hair.

If you want fine hair, I'd recommend the Luxury hair. Bought a weft of it as well. It was a bit finer and lighter in texture than the superior hair, but still lovely.

Last edited:
I have it in now. Before putting it in, we did a test on the hair by bleaching one-third of a test strip, doing a color lift on another third, and leaving one as is. There was little difference between the bleached and color lifted strips, indicating that the hair had been processed very little. The hair had been bleached at most once and definitely started in the blonde spectrum. It may have been dark blonde, but blonde nonetheless. Definitely not Indian or Asian hair. I've had both and the texture is different.

I have #613, #22, #10 as nano's and wefts in #24, #22, #20, and #16. The nanos and the wefts were very thick from top to bottom. While not all of the hair was the same length, you don't actually need that, since it would require more layering later. The blondes are all a bit more gold than I've used in the past, but it was solved with some purple shampoo, and it all matches my hair very nicely now. The hair is not fine but medium texture and very thick. I've had it in for two weeks, and have been curling it almost daily. No damage yet. I'll post an update later closer when I get a full refit in 3 months.

People who are not satisfied with the hair might have expected a finer texture. For me, it was a perfect texture match and makes a great head of "princess hair". It looks completely natural and is indistinguishable from my own hair.

If you want fine hair, I'd recommend the Luxury hair. Bought a weft of it as well. It was a bit finer and lighter in texture than the superior hair, but still lovely.

Are you aware that the reason bleach and colour removers barely did anything to the extensions is because they're coloured in completely different ways to the way we colour hair in the salon?

Considering bleaching (what the hair goes through to become blonde) REMOVES pigment, of course a colour remover won't change it. Because there's no pigment underneath

Are you aware that the reason bleach and colour removers barely did anything to the extensions is because they're coloured in completely different ways to the way we colour hair in the salon?

Considering bleaching (what the hair goes through to become blonde) REMOVES pigment, of course a colour remover won't change it. Because there's no pigment underneath

We used bleach and color remover specifically so that we could find out what had been done to the hair.
Hair bleach is a combination of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia which removes natural pigment artificial hair coloring pigment and even textile dyes, in case you've ever spilled hair bleach on a shirt or anything else that you've worn into the salon you've seen it remove color from that if not rinsed off immediately.
Color Remover is designed to remove oxidative pigments from hair which means that it would only be effective against Salon style hair dye chemicals featuring a two-part oxidative dye and peroxide.
We noticed a small amount of lift with the Bleach that was used, we used goldwell platine precision with 10-volume so that the lightening effect would be visible but was not as time sensitive since it was being done between clients. The level of lift achieved with this was consistent with naturally blonde hair as it did not pull to an extreme gold color nor did it become artificially light as it would have if it were pre lighten past the level it was designed to be and then color back into it.
The section we used color remover on was affinage eraser, which is designed to remove artificial hair dye chemicals only. The color change exhibited on this section of hair was consistent with hair that has been minimally toned. Had it been lightened to an extreme shade from a much darker shade the color after using Color Remover would have been a brighter yellow gold tone as opposed to the more natural subtle golden blonde that it was.
These results are consistent with the toning process typically required for any hair to be ordered off of a color ring to ensure consistent color-matching for batches of hair extensions to go on clients.
Bleaching hair out from a very dark color or from even a medium dark tone to a lighter color (as the colors that were ordered in this case) always produces intense gold tones that can be seen when bleach or color remover are applied to the hair.
We decided to use both a color remover and a hair lightening bleach specifically so that we could determine how much fading would occur based on what kind of color were used on this hair.
The end result of our findings was that this hair is all from someone whose hair started within a shade or two of the colors ordered off of this watch ring.
Now if you'd like to supply the funding for us to use an electron microscope to take a look at the actual structure of each individual hair strand and determine any pre-existing damage to the medulla or cortex of the hair shaft we would be more than happy to determine hair dye frequency based on that information. While hair extension bleaching may be a bit more advanced than salon version, it is still not significantly better than Olaplex + bleach.

Last edited:
Give us a try guys. Our Classic range 10-16 weeks, Double Drawn Temple 12-20 weeks and our luxury virgin peruvian ..... well Ive just refitted a ladies today who has already had it in and out 4 times...it about 16months old :)

Still wearing SJK superior after 2 refits and it's still beautiful. I use the luxury hair they sell for my customers who won't pay the extra. It's ideal the ladies who don't have great aftercare still get 5 months from it.

Jemma1919, I agree, I've had mine in for over 4 months now, and the hair is still silky and shiny with minimal split ends. I even curl my hair at 380 degrees Fahrenheit every day...

I use the superior range on all my hard to please clients with higher expectations and never had a complaint, I'm getting 4 refits from sjk hair. I am a happy sjk customer.

Anything with that gold sparkly string is Chinese or Indian hair. I do not believe it is Russian hair at all and if SJK believe that then they are being fed a load of tosh from their supplier - no doubt telling them its "Russian Grade".

Aw shit... my clients just dropped £200+ on an sjk Russian weft thinking it'll be good it's not coming for another 2 weeks yet we had to go with these for the colour :confused:

It feels and lasts the same length of time as al
Aw shit... my clients just dropped £200+ on an sjk Russian weft thinking it'll be good it's not coming for another 2 weeks yet we had to go with these for the colour :confused:
Is it custom hair? I fitted a few sjk Russian wefts that were custom made in the summer (over 6 months ago) they are still gorgeous xx

It feels and lasts the same length of time as al

Oops my post didn't work lol
Lasts well over a year. I love the sjk Russian hair. I have custom hair in clients from sjk about 9 months x

You must be in the minority then.

Nearly every single piece of hair I've had from them bonds, I tips, nanos or weaves it doesn't matter I've had quality issues with

Latest posts

Back