Skin analysis machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elemisgeek

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a skin analysis machine please to purchase.

Hi.

The handheld Woods lamp is a great tool for the esthetician to use to help see various skin conditions. The Woods lamp also helps when applying a peel. It shows all of the spots you missed. Only the esthetician can see the results and lamp must be used in a dark room.

Another tool is a skin scope that the client places their head into and the esthetician views the client from the front viewing lens. The client and esthetician can now both see the various skin issues. This is a great unit for discussing and promoting products and services. Does not need to be used in a dark room, the unit itself provides the darkness.

Last edited:
Hi.

The handheld Woods lamp is a great tool for the esthetician to use to help see various skin conditions. The Woods lamp also helps when applying a peel. It shows all of the spots you missed. Only the esthetician can see the results and lamp must be used in a dark room.

Another tool is a skin scope that the client places their head into and the esthetician views the client from the front viewing lens. The client and esthetician can now both see the various skin issues. This is a great unit for discussing and promoting products and services. Does not need to be used in a dark room, the unit itself provides the darkness.

Do you need a laptop to show up the skin concerns or does it show a picture within the skin scope?

Thanks

Do you need a laptop to show up the skin concerns or does it show a picture within the skin scope?

Thanks
With both the Woods lamp and skin scope you see the skin issues with your eyes. You do not need a laptop.

If you are talking about the skin analysis machines that cost $5000+ they have software and yes you would need to use a laptop. I really don't think these units are worth the money. They work on a software program that compares your clients face to its database. It is not really assessing your clients skin. I tried this unit with a 12 yr old and a 60 yr old. Both had the same exact results!!!

With both the Woods lamp and skin scope you see the skin issues with your eyes. You do not need a laptop.

If you are talking about the skin analysis machines that cost $5000+ they have software and yes you would need to use a laptop. I really don't think these units are worth the money. They work on a software program that compares your clients face to its database. It is not really assessing your clients skin. I tried this unit with a 12 yr old and a 60 yr old. Both had the same exact results!!!

Thank you for your help! Would you mind explaining a bit more how the skin scope works? I’ve tried to look on the internet exactly how it works but it is hard to get an explanation x

The skin scope is a box type unit, The rear door lifts up and a light blocking drape is attached to it. The client puts their head inside the unit from the rear under the lifted door, the drape covers their shoulders and back, blocking out light. Inside the unit are 6 UV bulbs (ultraviolet bulbs) and a mirror. The client can see their face in the mirror under the UV light. The esthetician looks through the front viewing lens. Now both the client and esthetician can see the skin issues. The esthetician may say to the client: the brown freckled spots are sun damage and then offer a treatment along with a sun screen. Here is a picture of the front viewing lens, the inside 6 UV bulbs and mirror and the rear door lifted with the light blocking drape and the esthetician looking throught the fron lens. The picture is not showing a client, but I think you get the idea. Even though a lot of skin scopes look the same, they are not! Some are better quality.

1580666166819.png
1580666648250.png
1580666868342.png

Latest posts

Back