Skin cancer so worried for my friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
My poor friends husband went to the Dr's with a mole that had changed and unfortunately it was skin cancer :(

It was on the top of his arm and so they've removed a huge chunk of skin, the mole and surrounding area, he also had some lymph nodes from under his arm removed as a biopsy to see if it had spread.

Just found out it has spread, he needs all the lymph nodes removed and then a scan to see if it's spread further. My friend is in bits because they have said if it's spread, there's no treatment!! I don't get this, surely it depends where it's spread doesn't it??

Sorry very depressing subject but just feel I had to talk to someone - you lot!!

Has anyone been through this, have any advice as I don't know what to do or say to help them.

Hiya I didn't want to read and run. Iv not had any experience of this but I do have moles that I'm keeping an eye on with my gp. Only thing I can advise you is to just be as supportive as you can and be there when they need you. Sorry I can't add more x hugs to you all

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh your poor friend :( the issue they are talking about is secondary cancer.

My sister had breast cancer and also had lymph nodes tested and it was found there too in a couple or a few of the nodes which were removed. Thankfully this was not classed as secondary.

My husbands uncle has stage four secondary lung cancer. It started in one lung and spread to the other (secondary). He is undergoing chemotherapy but he will not get rid of the cancer sadly (he's only 50).

The best advice I can offer is be there to listen to your friend (as I'm sure you are). Support her, don't give her false hope but keep her spirits up. She will need to be there for her hubby, but she needs someone there too. My sister said the worst part for her was the waiting on test results- your mind goes down some very dark avenues- so what I'm trying to say is keep your friend positive, don't let her drift off too far in one direction.

I really hope your friends husband is ok. Thinking of you all xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a birthmark on my shoulder that turned when I was 13, they took a massive chunk out and when they tested it they found it was cancer.
I had 2 rounds of radio as a preventative measure.
(It's all a bit of a blurr as I was so young)
I've been clear for 21 years now.
I was lucky. I still have my freckles and miles checked.
Fingers crossed for your friend hun.
Sending love and light xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

This is awful! my mum has secondry breast cancer, they cant get rid of it but they can control it for so long, the treatment will eventually stop working and they will have to find another way to control it (hopefully) i dont really have much helpful advice, it is a horrible nasty disease but we need to remember with technology these days the things they can do is amazing to help prolong the life of a sufferer, i hope it hasnt spread, cannot wait till the day they find a cure :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and your friend and her family x

Latest posts

Back