Skincare/foundation advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisekjh

Reaction score
Bit of background. I suffered from acne for 5 years a teen. I still get the occasional breakout but nothing major although I do have some acne scarring mainly on my cheeks. I also "think" I have big pores but I'm not sure if it's the scarring.

I've tried so many foundations to cover up but nothing seems to give me the coverage I need. Any recommendations? Or any tips on coverage please? Would a primer help? Again if so which one?

Im also looking to try and improve my skincare regime. I don't have loads of money to spend as have 3 young children. I was given a Lancome visionnaire set last Xmas and absolutely loved it but I cannot afford the £60 price tag!

Any advice welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of background. I suffered from acne for 5 years a teen. I still get the occasional breakout but nothing major although I do have some acne scarring mainly on my cheeks. I also "think" I have big pores but I'm not sure if it's the scarring.

I've tried so many foundations to cover up but nothing seems to give me the coverage I need. Any recommendations? Or any tips on coverage please? Would a primer help? Again if so which one?

Im also looking to try and improve my skincare regime. I don't have loads of money to spend as have 3 young children. I was given a Lancome visionnaire set last Xmas and absolutely loved it but I cannot afford the £60 price tag!

Any advice welcome

I like liz earle skincare :) their starter packs are £45 and you get a cleanser, toner and moisturiser! I've tried many different ones over the past years and liz earl has been the best. also my favourite foundation atm is urban decay it looks so airbrushed

Hey, I absolutely 100% recommend philosophy skincare I came across it last year, I just love it!
I have all my friends and some clients using it lol the 3in1 cleanser lasts me nearly a year. You can buy it directly through them or in big department stores, if u go into store they usually give u lots of samples too ;)

With people with acne prone skin or scaring that needs that extra cover Vichy derma blend is a very good foundation, it's camouflage makeup. Also Estée Lauder do a maximum coverage foundation which is very light texture but amazing coverage, only problem is they've stopped doing the lighter shades :( and you can sometimes get flash back when using flash photography.
Hope this helps xxx

for scarring i have some mild and been experimenting with a owndoc dermastamp at home(they have a forum too which describes u need betadine, numbing cream).. i wouldnt recc doing it urself tho cause im not sure if its made it worse but it hasnt done anything as far as i can see, maybe i need to keep at it i only did it once but im scared to make situation worse
um for coverage ive tried loads none work literally all day but it helps if u have a foundation powder over ur found rather than jus a regular powder then u can top up over it throughout the day, i need to get one again

Latest posts

Back