Slippery little critters!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
I have seen loads of lush piccies of nail art using tiny beads (think they are called bullion beads) so i have invested in some. Thing is how do you get them to stay on the nail? I have been practicing on tips on orange sticks (to use in advertising and displays) but they seem to come off real easy. What I have been doing is painting the nail and then using a cocktail stick applying them to the wet/tacky varnish but think there must a more securing way of doing this i am finding them to be slippery little critters.

Any help greatly appreciated please.........

tell me about it i gave up with them as i didnt have a clue, i will watch the answer to this with interest
x

wyliekit88 said:
I have seen loads of lush piccies of nail art using tiny beads (think they are called bullion beads) so i have invested in some. Thing is how do you get them to stay on the nail? I have been practicing on tips on orange sticks (to use in advertising and displays) but they seem to come off real easy. What I have been doing is painting the nail and then using a cocktail stick applying them to the wet/tacky varnish but think there must a more securing way of doing this i am finding them to be slippery little critters.

Hi wyliekit88
i use a top coat by KISS for nail art its thick so it holds stones & other stuff in place very well. You can also use a brush on glue after u do the design to keep ever thing in place

Thanx for your help Trini - i will give that a go later tonight x

where can you get that kiss top coat from? my top coats are rubbish, ive also heardnsi airshield is quite good.
Zoe x

I use the NSI airshield and it is very good for nail art but dont find anything very good for buliion beads, so any help on this would be greatfully received
x

scattyfox said:
I use the NSI airshield and it is very good for nail art but dont find anything very good for buliion beads, so any help on this would be greatfully received
x
thankyou Lucia i shall be gettin me some of that, not tried bullion beads myself i think i would get too frustrated.
zoe

Hi!
Found this on the allthingsnails website....don't know if it's much use to you, but i think is sort of how you do it!!

Bullion Beads

Tiny beads used to accentuate your designs. Dip a small brush into nail art sealer then swirl through the beads, gently dab the beads over the design and seal with nail art sealer.

Hope this helps xx

Have looked at bullion beads several times before, but they look really fiddly :confused:

I like the idea of dipping a brush into sealer then delicately dunking it into the beads, much less fiddly than trying to pick each bead up!

I've got a couple of pots of these beads but gave up - will try this method and see how it goes!

Lulu :)

Im bullion bead mad, use them all the time!!

The trick is to get yourself a thicker topcoat and a orange stick. Ive always found that thinner more expensive topcoats dry way to quickly.

Put a good layer of topcoat on and then wet the point tip of the stick and the bead/ beads will stick to the end. Then you just put beads how you want into the wet topcoat. Then apply topcoat once you have finished the designs, otherwise the beads will come off.

I would recommend a good magnifying glass if your going to do a lot of detailed beading, cus you can get eyestrain with the very fine beads.
This is a wedding design i did using beads
http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1434
Theres quite a few more in my gallery. x

Wow Nailbomb, I have just had a look at your designs in the gallery and they are absolutely awesome. You have an amazing talent there. Well done

Nailbomb said:
Im bullion bead mad, use them all the time!!

The trick is to get yourself a thicker topcoat and a orange stick. Ive always found that thinner more expensive topcoats dry way to quickly.

Put a good layer of topcoat on and then wet the point tip of the stick and the bead/ beads will stick to the end. Then you just put beads how you want into the wet topcoat. Then apply topcoat once you have finished the designs, otherwise the beads will come off.

I would recommend a good magnifying glass if your going to do a lot of detailed beading, cus you can get eyestrain with the very fine beads.
This is a wedding design i did using beads
http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1434
Theres quite a few more in my gallery. x

Cool site you've got there and fab nail art..

Must as do you use an orange stick or something eles?

wyliekit88 said:

Pour some of the bullion out into a small container and they all seperate.
Get a spot and swirl tool dab the end with cesars secrets sunblocker and pick up the bullion individual make sure your clients nail are wet from polish or put cesars sunblocker on and then seal with sunblocker.

HTH

Wow!! Fantastic and so unusual, your work is amazing!

Your work is amazing! defo an art form! keep it up!

Thank you all so much for your help. Gonna give it a go! x

Thanks for the compliments! My head will swell now =) I really do value your opinions!!
I'm always a bit wary because I'm not a nail tech - I don't know a pinch of what you folks do. Inferiority complex =D

Selina xXx

Fab Freak said:
Cool site you've got there and fab nail art..

Must as do you use an orange stick or something eles?

hey louise, I do use orange sticks. I did try a cocktail stick at first but the bullion used to go flyin around - it looks really bad when you have got a client and beads flying all over the place. They are slippery though!!

Selina x

Hi Selina

Forgot to say I love your website. Your nails are lovely. My favourite is the angels. Well gona get practicing with those slippery little critters - blimey I remember when I used to go out on a Saturday night!

Wyliekit x

Latest posts

Back