Smart-weave highlighting comb

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzleuk

Reaction score
ok call me unprofessional?I qualified way before foils etc so I have not so long ago started updating my hairdressing qualifications.... (I am Canadian) and a friend of mine back home recommended a comb that was unavailable here in the uk which she loves and has been a hairdresser for several years and now owns her own salon. I stumbled on this comb that is very near the same one my friend back home uses in her salon....... would it be wrong once I get the knack of foils to use this on clients? I have used it a few times now and I MUCH prefer it to weaving with the tip of a comb and I get more even results? I would appreciate honest feedback from others... please do not be harsh.. I have been doing hair/beauty for 18 years... just stuck in time and finally moving forward and onto foils in the past few months x

ok call me unprofessional?I qualified way before foils etc so I have not so long ago started updating my hairdressing qualifications.... (I am Canadian) and a friend of mine back home recommended a comb that was unavailable here in the uk which she loves and has been a hairdresser for several years and now owns her own salon. I stumbled on this comb that is very near the same one my friend back home uses in her salon....... would it be wrong once I get the knack of foils to use this on clients? I have used it a few times now and I MUCH prefer it to weaving with the tip of a comb and I get more even results? I would appreciate honest feedback from others... please do not be harsh.. I have been doing hair/beauty for 18 years... just stuck in time and finally moving forward and onto foils in the past few months x

I've got one and find it good and yes gives incredibly precise results more so than self weaving the foils. I use it alot but still self weave for fashion techniques or slices but yes learn the normal way first. But you will find it can save you time, I can normally do full head highlights back to back in 30mins :)

I've got one and find it good and yes gives incredibly precise results more so than self weaving the foils. I use it alot but still self weave for fashion techniques or slices but yes learn the normal way first. But you will find it can save you time, I can normally do full head highlights back to back in 30mins :)

I also have one and I love it :) I defo agree with Blue though, you need to learn the art of weaving first. But I advise loads to get this comb as the results are FAB.

My very first boss, the king of shampoo and sets and perms, very talented but oh so very old school, he never even used a pair of straighteners, he used one of these combs and could crack out a full head of meche(sp) in about 35mins, bare in mind that he only ever highlighted about 2 or 3 clients!
So they must be good! xox

What is it??? Never seen it :-/

wow never heard of it so just googled it, looks very impressive, so much quicker

Ooh I'll do it now :)

Oh my - i didn't even know these existed! .. look so clever, but call me a freak, but i actually enjoy weaving and foiling - i find it very therapeutic! :p

i want one for myself! I love all these inventive things!

To the OP please dont worry, its good that your wanting to refresh your skills, you've proberly picked up more skill and knowledge compared to someone thats just passed.

I think meche is something that people find hard to grasp, personally i find it so much easier than foils, personal peference to what you feel confident and comfortable using. Having a comb that makes it easy is not unprofessional-its like a miracle cheat hehe!

Can i advise that you use a hair block, get yourself accustomed to using it and go on some matrix courses, they are reasonable and will make you feel comfortable using new inventive techniques, you'll love it! Good luck! xoxo

Hmm I think it looks awesome but have to say I quite enjoy foiling too!! Would be good for time saving though might get one just incase :)

Oh my - i didn't even know these existed! .. look so clever, but call me a freak, but i actually enjoy weaving and foiling - i find it very therapeutic! :p

Haha I always say i find weaving therapeutic!.... People look at me as if I'm mad!

Haha I always say i find weaving therapeutic!.... People look at me as if I'm mad!

Lol! That's why I said "call me a freak.." ha ha, because everytime I say it to somebody, they normally look at me like I'm a nutter and can never see where I'm coming from! Foils are usually a dreaded service for hairdressers (.. Well the majority I have worked with anyway!) .. But not for me! Love them :) xx

May have to make another cheeky trip to capital just for this now ;)

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

ooh i've seen those combs online they look fab, i think i'll be getting one for myself to try out!!!x

I don't think anything that achieves the results that you want - safely - is wrong. We use combs occasionally - they have their place. If it works for you, that's just fine ... :)

ooh i've seen those combs online they look fab, i think i'll be getting one for myself to try out!!!x

OMG! i haven't heard of them before but I want one!! where online??x

Can someone please put a link up because i carnt find it lol xx

I bought some of these about 3 years ago when I saw them on an American site. I'm not a hairdresser but I own a salon and only one stylist used them and now they are just sat in the drawer!
Here's the link to the site I bought them from as they're a little bit different to the one's here
Salon Foils To Go! - Salon Foils To Go Home

Latest posts

Back