Smiles Dull in places!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
I am practicing those smiles at the moment and they look a little patchy i.e. a bit lighter and darker in places on my nails (hope I have explained OK) . Is this my mix ratio i.e am I working a little wet???

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

It could be that you're working to wet, but it could also be that the thinkness of your smileline isnt't constant, one place thinker than an other.

With a lot of practicing you will get it right :wink2:

I think this is called marbelling it is where the mix raio is too wet and dries at different levels.

A suggestion to get your ratio correct is to get a piece of paper and dip in monomer and do one wipe and pick a bead up and keep doing this up to six wipes you will soon see the difference in the size and texture of the beads. you should not have a ring of liquid around the bead and it should dome nicely. got this snippet from Sam at oylmpia hope it works for you too.

scattyfox said:
A suggestion to get your ratio correct is to get a piece of paper and dip in monomer and do one wipe and pick a bead up and keep doing this up to six wipes you will soon see the difference in the size and texture of the beads. you should not have a ring of liquid around the bead and it should dome nicely. got this snippet from Sam at oylmpia hope it works for you too.

Thank you, I have been doing: going, going, going and my ratio seemed OK on my pink, I have just had another buff and they look a bit better,

I will get there in the end,

Latest posts

Back