SNS nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c bare sticks

Reaction score
Hello I'm interested in learning and purchasing sns nails for my salon. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in the UK

Google is your friend it appears:-

http://venusnailsupplies.co.uk/

Its a tip and dip system, you can read some reviews and feeback by putting SNS in the search option on here

Can I just ask why you're not considering learning the traditional method of acrylic application (liquid & powder) as it is far superior in every way :)

Hi,

I have trained in tip and dip and L&P. I carry out both currently. I've had a few People ask me if I offer SNS lately. I think it maybe catching on!

Fair enough :)

Young Nails have also brought out a similar system, must be the new thing at the moment

Yea I've seen a make up blogger online saying they have it done it and a couple of my clients have asked if I offer them lately. . . I said I didn't offer sns but then again I offer quick dip acrylic system which is basically the same thing!

Yea I've seen a make up blogger online saying they have it done it and a couple of my clients have asked if I offer them lately. . . I said I didn't offer sns but then again I offer quick dip acrylic system which is basically the same thing!

Alot of people have been calling me about sns too so let us know if this product works or not.
Does it stay on as good as traditional acrylic?

Yes I've had ladies get 3-5 weeks from dip methods before on good healthy nails :)

Can I just ask why you're not considering learning the traditional method of acrylic application (liquid & powder) as it is far superior in every way :)

Actually SNS is a far more improved and better option. Unlike acrylic and any other liquid and powder SNS is free of harmful ingredient. It's all natural and does not require lamp for curing and does not damage your nails like acrylic do. Your nails can breath through sns. Also it's much tougher and durable then shellac.

Alot of people have been calling me about sns too so let us know if this product works or not.
Does it stay on as good as traditional acrylic?

Yes it last and it should never be compared to acrylic! Acrylic is too old fashioned and SNS is new improved method. It's natural and it allows nail to breath and unlike acrylic it free of harmful product and it does not damage the nails if you are using it correctly

No they are not same I am afraid. You need to look into it. Sns should not be compared with acrylic

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you confirm the all natural ingredients please?
And you state that acrylics damage your nails. That's not true. Incorrect application and removal will damage nails.
Nails do not need to breathe through any product.

And you state that acrylics damage your nails. That's not true. Incorrect application and removal will damage nails.

You are more then welcome to look into their ingredients. It does not matter how good or gentle your are acrylic still damages nails and most nail technician will say it does not naturally but a medical profession might defer. Yes you are right nails does not need to breath since they get their oxygen through blood stream

You are more then welcome to look up and see the ingredients. It does not matter how careful one is it still weakens nails - so it does damage.
But perhaps you can tell us a better way that does not weakens nails? We would appreciate it.
True nails does not need to inhale air as we do since it receives nutrients and oxygen through blood stream. My error I should have wrote it allows air and liquid drops to penetrate which always helps and it's a much more improved product that I welcome although I realised many are not familiar with it and a bit apprehensive about it.

You are more then welcome to look into their ingredients. It does not matter how good or gentle your are acrylic still damages nails and most nail technician will say it does not naturally but a medical profession might defer. Yes you are right nails does not need to breath since they get their oxygen through blood stream

You are more then welcome to look up and see the ingredients. It does not matter how careful one is it still weakens nails - so it does damage.
But perhaps you can tell us a better way that does not weakens nails? We would appreciate it.
True nails does not need to inhale air as we do since it receives nutrients and oxygen through blood stream. My error I should have wrote it allows air and liquid drops to penetrate which always helps and it's a much more improved product that I welcome although I realised many are not familiar with it and a bit apprehensive about it.
Come on now, this is just laughable. I suggest you familiarise yourself with the relevant Safety Data Sheets for this product that you've rehashed old threads, just to promote. The powder is certainly an acrylic, poly ethyl methacrylate (cas 9003-42-3), to be precise, which also happens to be the exact same polymer that Glam and Glits predominantly use in their acrylic powders. Instead of using a liquid monomer to cure, a cyanoacrylate resin is applied in layers, and an activator applied to speed up drying time. As you may or may not know, the SNS powders actually will cure using a liquid monomer, just like other acrylic polymer powders. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the cyanoacrylate resin comprises the exact same ingredients as various nail glues and superglues? Please don't spread baseless misinformation that you can't scientifically back up, it's detrimental to our industry.

You need to be very careful when promoting a product with such inaccurate information! I urge anyone who is interested in using this product to visit their website and view the information yourselves directly https://snsnails.com/msds/

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using acrylates, we do it everyday in our business, however to say that SNS does not contain acrylics and that it is made solely of 'natural fibres' is simply false as their own website states. If you are employed by SNS then you really need some additional training as I'm sure you wouldn't want to find yourself accused of false advertising on their behalf.

You need to be very careful when promoting a product with such inaccurate information! I urge anyone who is interested in using this product to visit their website and view the information yourselves directly https://snsnails.com/msds/

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using acrylates, we do it everyday in our business, however to say that SNS does not contain acrylics and that it is made solely of 'natural fibres' is simply false as their own website states. If you are employed by SNS then you really need some additional training as I'm sure you wouldn't want to find yourself accused of false advertising on their behalf.

I am neither employed nor work for them. The purpose of this thread is the give answer and help one another with information. I am not interested in thread war that's not the point of being here. We use it for our client and I stand by what I said. Here is one review I found and copy pasted for everyone.

"SNS dipping powder has. no odor, no liquid, no primer and no UV light. SNS is for healthy nails, unlike gel or acrylic. SNS are much thinner, light weight, easy to do and most importantly, helps your clients' nails grow out stronger and healthier by adding 5 different kinds of Vitamins and Calcium.29 Jul 2014"

I am sure there are more information out there and on their website.

I am neither employed nor work for them. The purpose of this thread is the give answer and help one another with information. I am not interested in thread war that's not the point of being here. We use it for our client and I didn't provide inaccurate information. Here is one review I found and copy pasted for everyone.

"SNS dipping powder has. no odor, no liquid, no primer and no UV light. SNS is for healthy nails, unlike gel or acrylic. SNS are much thinner, light weight, easy to do and most importantly, helps your clients' nails grow out stronger and healthier by adding 5 different kinds of Vitamins and Calcium.29 Jul 2014"

And this review was not on SNS's site it was an independent review from google. Some one asked and I provided the information I have. We use it for our client and they have given us lots of positive review. One client had to be given drops on her nails and her doctor as first requested her to take it off. Then she tried without taking it off to see if it f goes through and work and it did. So she didn't need to take it off which was surprising for all of us and it was nice to know that it's possible.
I am neither employed nor work for them. The purpose of this thread is the give answer and help one another with information. I am not interested in thread war that's not the point of being here. We use it for our client and I stand by what I said. Here is one review I found and copy pasted for everyone.

This is from theiir website, the MSDS for their resin. It clearly states it is an cyanACRYLATE, basically typical nail adhesive. It also clearly states it's dangers and conta actions
. IMG_0628.PNG

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with these products, as I said before we all use them in different variations every day in our work, but please don't make them out to be something they're not. If SNS themselves don't claim it why do you?

Latest posts

Back