So angry! Acrylic nails without acrylic, what to do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I've payed £25 to have acrylics done that were done very poorly. Very bumpy and uneven but have already done a post on that.

One of the nail tips has just came off my nail and there isn't even any acrylic on that nail?! I didn't even notice at first because she put gellish over the top but now it's came off I see she hasn't even put acrylic on the nail! Hence why it's came off 2 days after getting them done -.-! I was watching television while she did them so I didn't notice she hasn't done any acrylic on one!

Can anyone tell me if there's anyway I can get my money back from this? As she hasn't replied to any of my
Calls or messages and have sent her the pics!

[images removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness!! I would leave a review on her Facebook page if she isn't responding!! Did you go to her or she come to you? If you went to her I would be marching there demanding my money back! X

Oh my goodness!! I would leave a review on her Facebook page if she isn't responding!! Did you go to her or she come to you? If you went to her I would be marching there demanding my money back! X

She came to me! If it was in a salon I definatly would be going back and be speaking to the manager for a refund ! But annoyingly I can't do anything now so if she Dosnt respond so I've paid for nails that have lasted me 2 days and look horrendous anyway-.-!, I have messaged her Friday, yesterday and today so if she dosnt reply tommorow I will be leaving a review, if I had left a client with nails like that id be responding straight away apologising! X

Was your last post removed?

She came to me! If it was in a salon I definatly would be going back and be speaking to the manager for a refund ! But annoyingly I can't do anything now so if she Dosnt respond so I've paid for nails that have lasted me 2 days and look horrendous anyway-.-!, I have messaged her Friday, yesterday and today so if she dosnt reply tommorow I will be leaving a review, if I had left a client with nails like that id be responding straight away apologising! X
I am a hairdresser and I would of been sorting any problems out with my next nearest availability. I would definitely keep messaging her, hopefully she will reply tomorrow. I hope you get sorted xx

The images got removed so I deleted the post

They have also been deleted from this thread, as it is unfair to invite others to pass critique when the nail tech in question is unable to defend herself. She could also be a member of this site, so please bear this in mind.

They have also been deleted from this thread, as it is unfair to invite others to pass critique when the nail tech in question is unable to defend herself. She could also be a member of this site, so please bear this in mind.
That's fine, but I wasn't naming her or her business name for that reason. And wouldn't concern me if she was at least id have a reply then

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a hairdresser and I would of been sorting any problems out with my next nearest availability. I would definitely keep messaging her, hopefully she will reply tomorrow. I hope you get sorted xx
She has blocked me on fb, my number and has somehow blocked me from her fb page so now I can't even leave a review, so frustrating wish there was a way to get my money back X

I would try calling from another number during trading hours. Unfortunately failing that will have to call it a lesson learnt I'm afraid. X

I thought they'd be deleted given time, knowing the rules.

I can't imagine how the tech in question could defend herself even given the chance though. The most horrendous lumpy nails I've ever seen, she should definitely NOT be servicing paying customers by any stretch of the imagination. There's no excuse for ripping people off.

I too, saw & commented on the pics on the last thread. Shocking!! But I understand why they are removed :(

There must have been some acrylic somewhere as that's what was causing the bumps & lumps we saw. Was she working in a dark room? I'm seriously asking as I've made boos (nowt like that tho!) when the lightings not been great.

I would call from another number during the day & ask again for a refund. It's a shame you can't leave a review but I doubt she will be in business much longer with or without it. Not only due to the shoddiness of her work but the childish way she handles complaints/customer service. Ooh, and ppl notice very quickly if she's posting pics of other polls work! Xx

For a update, I sent her a message and pics that my nail came off but got no reply.
I then message her on her fb page and got blocked.
So that's when I left a review on Facebook with all the pics and sent her a screenshot of that and then I got a text from her number from her partner saying she's in hospital and he will refund me on Friday if I remove all the comments and pictures because he doesn't want her getting upset as she's in a bad way.
So hopefully I will get my refund and that will be the end of that:)

For a update, I sent her a message and pics that my nail came off but got no reply.
I then message her on her fb page and got blocked.
So that's when I left a review on Facebook with all the pics and sent her a screenshot of that and then I got a text from her number from her partner saying she's in hospital and he will refund me on Friday if I remove all the comments and pictures because he doesn't want her getting upset as she's in a bad way.
So hopefully I will get my refund and that will be the end of that:)
That's great if it actually happens, fingers crossed. Story sounds like a load of bull to me.
Let's us know if you get a refund [emoji4]

That's great if it actually happens, fingers crossed. Story sounds like a load of bull to me.
Let's us know if you get a refund [emoji4]
Yup it does it me aswell! But I'd never say that just Incase it is true. Just such a conscience replying 5 minutes after I sent the screenshot of my review but couldn't reply to any of my texts over 4 days. Yeah I'll let you know :)

In hospital but still had time to block you from everything [emoji19]

I'm probably heartless but I'd have said no problem, I'll remove them as soon as I get my refund.

Fingers crossed they refund you x

As much as I'd like the refund, the stubborn cow in me would rather loose the £25 & leave the reviews!

It's not just the shoddy work, for me I would want her to accept she can't treat ppl like that! Ignoring & blocking you, like you are at fault? No way!!

I too would give the benefit of the doubt that she has been in hospital, but a quick txt of 'I'm in hospital arm but if you could bear with me I'll get you refunded asap' would have taken minutes.

Leave the bloomin' reviews!!xx

And if you do remove the reviews, who's to say you'll actually get the refund anyway?

Cheeky chicks right, better to ask for refund first before removing but I probably wouldn't have thought so quickly at the time if it was me.

Re: the hospital situation - I was thinking the same lol

That is what I've said to her! But she is continuing to say what I'm doing is disgusting because I'm taken Away her business when she's unwell. But I haven't said anything nasty about her I just posted the pictures of her work so she shouldn't of left me with them if she's embarrassed about the pics of them being online.
I have said I will take the posts down when I have my refund as I don't feel I should take them down just because she's unwell.
I've also now got 3 nails that the nail tip has came off :)

You need to just take them off. But please don't think we're all like this

Latest posts

Back