So fed up with lack of grey coverage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Hi. Today I used koleston 6.3 half 6 plus 5 grams of /65. The coverage on the resistant white hair is shocking, I’m fed up with trying to cover with koleston anymore, can anyone recommend another brand ? I’ve trued alfaparf, it’s ok but still not doing the job

L’Oréal especially the inoa range! Xx

Have you tried using a double base, 66/0 for example?

I can assure you that you can achieve 100% coverage of white with koleston, in fact I only ever use koleston when absolutely necessary as sometimes the coverage is just too dense!

You also have the option of pre-softening on resistant hair!

Hi. Today I used koleston 6.3 half 6 plus 5 grams of /65. The coverage on the resistant white hair is shocking, I’m fed up with trying to cover with koleston anymore, can anyone recommend another brand ? I’ve trued alfaparf, it’s ok but still not doing the job
Are you weighing your colour? Are you using welloxon developer? Are you taking fine sections? I've been a wella user for quite a few years and feel like I know it like the back of my hand. I'm really surprised that you feel this way about wella.
I've managed to get 100% coverage with colour touch plus. If I can help in any way let me know.

Yep, I weigh, use wellixon small sections taken full development time ... everything, it’s only on resistant white. I’ve been using wella for 35 years

Have you tried using a double base, 66/0 for example?

I can assure you that you can achieve 100% coverage of white with koleston, in fact I only ever use koleston when absolutely necessary as sometimes the coverage is just too dense!

You also have the option of pre-softening on resistant hair!
I haven’t tried to pre soften yet, do you use 20 and then just go straight in with mixed colour ?

Yep, I weigh, use wellixon small sections taken full development time ... everything, it’s only on resistant white. I’ve been using wella for 35 years
Are you using the new koleston?

Are you using the new koleston?

I don’t think the 6.3 was the new one, I understand the rebrand is more translucent?

I'm not 100% sure, I didn't think you could mix them? And if you do you have to use the old developers

I haven’t tried to pre soften yet, do you use 20 and then just go straight in with mixed colour ?
Yes apply 20 vol root to end (or just roots if thats all you're colouring) then use a hairdryer to dry it in as this will open the cuticle. Once dry apply the colour.

Also make sure you're frequently mixing colour batches so you always have fresh colour. Likr Ronray says take very fine sections, apply more colour than you think you need so its really saturated and leave for the full development time!

I changed because of that and started using rusk in Salon services this year.its been amazing to be honest

Yes apply 20 vol root to end (or just roots if thats all you're colouring) then use a hairdryer to dry it in as this will open the cuticle. Once dry apply the colour.

Also make sure you're frequently mixing colour batches so you always have fresh colour. Likr Ronray says take very fine sections, apply more colour than you think you need so its really saturated and leave for the f

I was taught to use tint not peroxide to presoften the hair . I even saw heaps of articles saying your method is wrong

Latest posts

Back