So what spray tan tips can you give

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Its like anything else we all find our own way and we all do things differently.
What are the little extra tips you can give beyond our training.
Id like to know how to get my ****** spray tan cubicle down.
AND any thing else ,as i am totally new to it all.

Were you not shown how to tame the tent from your trainer ?
i am sure if you get in touch with him/her they will happily show you :hug:

Last edited:
do a search on you tube, i saw one on there that helped me :)

Its like anything else we all find our own way and we all do things differently.

Gillian if you put the smaller end towards a wall then push and twist it will collapse. It does take a few goes to get it flexible but once it has you will have no probs.

Any other queries dont hesitate to pm or email

less is more on hands and feet,

Don't be tempted to 'paint' the tan on... be confident with your solution and lightly mist and allow for development time. :hug:

iv got a link to the tent if you want pm me

iv got a link to the tent if you want pm me

Could you please paste the link onto this site so we can all have a lookie? :hug:

What products you use to prepare for and maintain a spray tan make a huge difference. Recommend natural and / or organic products

practise your application with food colour/water mix.. for those who dont get any guinie pigs this is good when used on cardboard or the brick walls outside.. go through the routine you use and practise slightli flicking your wrists..
also helps you get you gun correct.

YouTube - Spray Tanning Tent

there you go good luck xx

with the tent I always throw in back of car and wait till i get home cause i can never put it down at a clients house yet as soon as i get home it folds up first time GrRRRRRRRRRRR :):):)

Can I ask you guys what position the client is standing when you come to spray the clients arms. I always sprayed the clients arms when they are standing to the side after I have sprayed the side of their body and legs, but wondered if there was a better/more effective way to do it.

What tips do you guys have to for spraying dry hands?

Were you not shown how to tame the tent from your trainer ?
i am sure if you get in touch with him/her they will happily show you :hug:

Yes.I had excellent training with Tracey last friday.I remember now her telling me to push it against the wall.I know she is there for me but thought i would open up a thread to share any little tips we have picked up by ourselves along the way beyond training.

Last edited:
Ok ,the tent went down and then sprung up again, but down again now.I cant believe anything so big can come out of something so small.Good exercise though.

Yes.I had excellent training with Tracey last friday.I remember now her telling me to push it against the wall.I know she is there for me but thought i would open up a thread to share any little tips we have picked up by ourselves along the way beyond training.

I push it against a wall, lean the end I have hold towards the end that is at the wall, then bend my wrists inwards as if folding towards me, twist it, and it collapses in on itself.

Cymbal bags make good sturdy replacements for the bag the tent comes in.

Dont forget to take something with you to dab should you get a little run or dribble. Some people use kitchen roll or couch roll, personally I use make up sponge wedges, as these can be washed easily and I find it easy to 'flick'.

And dont use a hairdryer to dry your client off as this looks really naff! If your machine has a heat/dry setting, use this. Some people get their clients to dry themselves off, I always dry them off myself so that they dont smudge :)

Hi Gill,
trust in the liquid,your training and yourself and all will be well...oh and a little bit of experiance helps also :hug:

You will make mistakes (we all have) but as long as you learn by them and dont let them dent your confidence you will be fine....It wont take you long to become an expert:hug:

Remember that in addition to our fellow skin geeks your trainer (and what a sweetie she is) is always at hand to guide you to becoming a succesfull tanner :hug:
Good luck !!

Latest posts

Back