soak-off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daintyfingers

Reaction score
Hi All!
I was just after a bit of advise. I use gel at the moment which you have to file off and find it quite a pain!:(
Does anyone use the soak-off gel?
If so:
What make? Where from? How much? What's it like?
Thanks!
x

I use Brisa and gel it which are both buff off gels.
Bio Sculpture is a soak off gel, Do a search for bio on here :biggrin:

Hi there, I use the Bio Sculpture gel and they say it soaks off in 15mins, but I have never managed to soak a set off in 15 mins yet.... maybe it's me, but I've tried warming the gel bottle in warm water first, I've tried wrapping them in a towel as the gel is activated by warmth.... but it takes me a minimum 30 mins to soak off and there is always a light buff to do after on any stubborn patches (usually the thumbs) Need to make sure that you etch over the nail first to break the top layer so gel is easer to soak through.... but still, I've never beaten 30mins :-(

Nicci B said:
Hi there, I use the Bio Sculpture gel and they say it soaks off in 15mins, but I have never managed to soak a set off in 15 mins yet.... maybe it's me, but I've tried warming the gel bottle in warm water first, I've tried wrapping them in a towel as the gel is activated by warmth.... but it takes me a minimum 30 mins to soak off and there is always a light buff to do after on any stubborn patches (usually the thumbs) Need to make sure that you etch over the nail first to break the top layer so gel is easer to soak through.... but still, I've never beaten 30mins :-(

Get yourself a hotwater bottle if you dont have one already. Wrap your clients up in foil as usual and place the hot water bottle over their hands, without unwrapping for 10-15 mins. You'll see the difference. Clipping the nails also breaks the seal of the gel.

Before using the hot water bottle I was taking way over 15 mins to soak off...

daintyfingers said:
Hi All!
I was just after a bit of advise. I use gel at the moment which you have to file off and find it quite a pain!:(
Does anyone use the soak-off gel?
If so:
What make? Where from? How much? What's it like?
Thanks!
x

Sorry, I got carried away and didnt answer your question. The only soak off gels I know are biosculpture and the one the at was mentioned before..total memory loss here and forgot the spelling. Akentz I think.

Check out biosculpture at www.biosculpture.co.uk. It comes in French and 50 or more different colours. Well worth having a look.

thanks everyone - some useful info. I'll check out the websites and, in the meantime, will try clipping, foil and hot water bottle!
:hug:

calgel is a soak off too btw.

i use the tin foil method of soaking off bio (sometimes with heated mitts) or the quick soak bowl DEPENDING ON HOW MANY LAYERS OF GEL mine soaks off in anything between 10 - 20 mins.

hth

amb x

Is the heated mitts method ok to use with the star nails gel?
Also I had a lady who said her nails started to stink whilst they were wrapped in foil. Can anyone enlighton me?

andrelax said:
Is the heated mitts method ok to use with the star nails gel?
Also I had a lady who said her nails started to stink whilst they were wrapped in foil. Can anyone enlighton me?

hmmm not sure matey is star nails a soak off gel? i havent used it.

Only thing i can think is that the lady who complained of the smell may not like the acetone smell OR may have had nss product on - being soaked off - that stinks!

cant help much i'm afraid !!

amb x

Stink?!!!! LOL I meant sting and yes star nails is asoak off gel

pmsl !!!!!!!!!!!!

sting...right....was she alergic to it? did she have little cuts/hangnails maybe that got irritated by it?

Where specifically did she say that it hurt?

amb x

on the nail plate

seems to me like her nail plate has been filed too much before!

did she go to another salon before you?

OH GOD!!!!! No Her nails have always been fragile but as I am practising I may have over filed. I tried my best not to though.

you might have chick but don't worry - i bet we all have!

i know i did when i started out and ruined my nails!

Latest posts

Back