Solar Balm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, I know you can use solar balm on nails, lips and eyelashes. How would you apply it to your eyelashes. Would you use your finger or a massie brush and what does the balm do for the lashes. Does it condition them and give them a shine and can you put on mascara afterwards.
David

you need an eyelash brush (get them from any girls on the make up counters estee lauder do them) an justlay brush n the balm thn brush down the eyelashes to lengthen, would avise of a nighttime or crusty eyes, pretty much the same as vaseline or do the same and thin layer of mascara over the top for glossy long eyelashes.
HTH

Cheers Lucia.....now I know your secret behind your beautiful lashes...lol.xx

flattery will get you everywhere dahhhhling :wink2:

ValencianNails said:
flattery will get you everywhere dahhhhling :wink2:

Even to Valencia.....oh my Sandi. What lovely lashes you have too. Planes booked, pick me up at 11.00pm.

Have just done mine!! I do mine every night with my skincare routine, i have mine permed, so use it to keep them in good condition, i use my finger, then i do my lips and nails,

I am all of a flutter too David :hug:

so do you guys manage to sell many of these. I am struggling, i thinkit is the size compared to price even though iv'e explained the benefits

mamma said:
so do you guys manage to sell many of these. I am struggling, i thinkit is the size compared to price even though iv'e explained the benefits

Hi Debbie, hope you are well. I am telling my clients that they are getting a 3 in 1 product. I too explain the benefits of using the balm on the nails but I also throw in that due to the weather going cold and then them coming into the warm (air conditioning and central heating) the skin does dry out, lips get chapped and eyelids sore. I tell my clients the benefits of the jojoba oil as being a carrier oil and that the more often it is used the deeper the penetration of sweet almond oil and rice bran oil which conditions and nourishes the skin. Also tell them that if they have a little dry patch of skin that it can be used on there. Place the product in the clients hand whilst you are explaining the benefits and they will be more inclined to buy. No client leaves the salon without purchasing at least a solar oil.
David

I don't seem to have any probs in selling the solar oil at £5, It's when i tell them how much the Solar Balm is they tend to put it back. I think it's the size that is putting them off.I have them retailing at £9.95 and was thinking of reducing this.

mamma said:
I don't seem to have any probs in selling the solar oil at £5, It's when i tell them how much the Solar Balm is they tend to put it back. I think it's the size that is putting them off.I have them retailing at £9.95 and was thinking of reducing this.

why dont put an offer on, like have a full set get a solar balm for £...... to get them interested so then they wont be able to live without it.
katielou xxx

katielou said:
why dont put an offer on, like have a full set get a solar balm for £...... to get them interested so then they wont be able to live without it.
katielou xxx

an excellent idea the only thing is i'm mobile so how would i advertise this with out having to spend anything...lol

mamma said:
an excellent idea the only thing is i'm mobile so how would i advertise this with out having to spend anything...lol

do some leaflets and hand them out, ive just done a leaflet drop in all the main clothes shops with all my christmas offers on. so far i have four ppl from them (only did it tues). hth.
katielou

mamma said:

Do you use it on them Mamma?

I use it on my clients as my last 'thing', before they pay, every one of my clients has purchased one, I sold 12 in just over a week :D

I must admit I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work as well as the oil, but my clients seem to like using it more than the oil so use it more often as a result.

I have one client who is a nightmare at using oil and subsequently gets a lot of cracking and lifting, retailed her a Solar Balm at her last visit, this time on her rebalance, no lifting, no cracks, and no balm left :lol: she absolutely loves it

Worth using one on them as a demo :D

katielou said:
do some leaflets and hand them out, ive just done a leaflet drop in all the main clothes shops with all my christmas offers on. so far i have four ppl from them (only did it tues). hth.
katielou

Thats great news, did you use A4 size or is this too big do ya think?

mamma said:
Thats great news, did you use A4 size or is this too big do ya think?

yes i printed it on a4, but i used microsoft task launcher that has brochure templates in them so i did so i could cut them in two to make a5 size leaflets. katielou

katielou said:
yes i printed it on a4, but i used microsoft task launcher that has brochure templates in them so i did so i could cut them in two to make a5 size leaflets. katielou

Thanks for that it's definately worth a try.x Will let ya know how i get on.

thanks to David for ya good advice as per usuall too,x

no problem anytime. katielou

Latest posts

Back