Solicitor costs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anyone have any ballpark figures on how much a solicitor would cost to look over a new salon contract? Do you really need a solicitor to take a look anyway if it's pretty straightforward and there aren't things that I wouldn't understand?

I asked an accountant today in my area how much they would charge just to do a basic end of year if I have sorted invoices and receipts into months of the year and just kept a weekly 'total in - total out' book, and they said about £400, then quickly said after that 'it is tax deductable' :green:

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Federation of Small Businesses. I pay £120 a year for my membership fee, the savings on my credit card terminal alone mean I am better off already. But with this you get a whole load of Legal advice and support. It may be worth calling them up to have a chat with them to see if membership would cover your query. If so definately join up!

Mat

Thanks Mat, I'll give them a shout :) xx

Solicitors charge about £100-£150 per hour. If straight fwd might take an hour?

I thought my lease contract was straight fwd however, when I had it looked at I was advised it was an unfair contract. If you are not versed with legal jardon I would highly recommend you using a solicitor.

With regards to accountants, £400 for year end accounts if you do your own book keeping sounds fair. Finding a good accountant who you can trust to give good advice is important, you pay for what you get. At the end of the day, if you get audited by HMRC and they fine you, it is your responsibility and not your accountants.

Get a couple of quotes from local solicitors and ask them for a fixed price for checking over a 3 page contract (for example).
I've had a couple of legal letters written by my solicitor on my behalf before and just ask him for a fixed price rather then hourly rate so I know exactly what I will be paying. x

Latest posts

Back