Some help please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmkpoe

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site and have a question. I have been geting my nails done for some time now and really want to do them myself and not sure how. I tried doing them before with liquid and powder and it did not go well, I have trouble keeping off my skin. I also tried a dip method were I brush on glue or liquid and then dip my nails in the powder and that was easier but seemed to waste alot of product. I'm right handed and biggest problem is trying to do my right hand, not very easy. What I would really like to do is just start filling the nails I already have. Is that possible? Or can I not mix different products. Thanks.

Kerri

Don't mix differnt companies products as you can cause yourself many probelms, they are meant to be used with their own product companies bits and pieces and work better that way.

As to doing your own nails you really shouldn't be doing this with no training you can cause some really bad damage to your natural nail. if you have an interest in nails why not investigate training in your area and take your qualifications to becoma nails tech.

Hi, do a search online for colleges that teach in the beauty area in your region, there is also a company (learn direct i think) that you can call and tell them what you want to do and where you live and they should advise you where the colleges are.

If you enjoy general nail care and reading about nails at the moment then you will love doing the course and feel great at the end that you are a qualified nail tech.

You can really cause some damage to your own nail if doing them when not properly trained plus they will look so much better if you know what you are doing - you will be pleased when people say to you"I love your nails" and then who knows where it will take you once qualified.

Also, do a search on this site under training and it may give your some guidance and also further posts will give you info about what damage you can cause if you are not full trained.

Good luck and enjoy it
x

Sorry, ignore the Learn Direct reference as see you are in the states - doh

bmkpoe said:
Hi, I'm new to this site and have a question. I have been geting my nails done for some time now and really want to do them myself and not sure how. I tried doing them before with liquid and powder and it did not go well, I have trouble keeping off my skin. I also tried a dip method were I brush on glue or liquid and then dip my nails in the powder and that was easier but seemed to waste alot of product. I'm right handed and biggest problem is trying to do my right hand, not very easy. What I would really like to do is just start filling the nails I already have. Is that possible? Or can I not mix different products. Thanks.

Kerri

Hiya Kerri...

Now you have had a go and saw for your self how difficult it is...maybe you would be best to leave it to the professionals..if it was as easy as 123 then everyone would be doing there own nails.

We are trained and here for a reason..just like hairdressers are...and i wouldn't cut my own hair !!!!

Its not just a case of buying some L&P and putting it on...there is alot more besides...and good training is the only way you are going to know about it all.

If you love nails and fancy a rewarding career within a exciting industry...with lots of hard work along the way...then please get some training.

If its simply that you are trying to save a few quid by doing them yourself...then i would advise you don't bother. If you cant afford to have your nails done then you shouldn't be having them....I am saying this in the kindest way i know how...you will damage your nails...they wont look nice and you will be out of pocket from buying stuff that you don't know how to use properly.

xxx

Thank you all so much for your help, I appreiciate your input. I've been wanting to go to school for this but it's just not in my budget right now, but defintely something I want to do. Maybe for now I'll just continue to have my nails done by a pro and play around with some nail art to feed my need.:biggrin: Again, thanks for your help. I certainly don't want to damage my nails.

Kerri

bmkpoe said:
Thank you all so much for your help, I appreiciate your input. I've been wanting to go to school for this but it's just not in my budget right now, but defintely something I want to do. Maybe for now I'll just continue to have my nails done by a pro and play around with some nail art to feed my need.:biggrin: Again, thanks for your help. I certainly don't want to damage my nails.

Kerri

what a great idea...to play around with nail art for now...like you say..it will keep the interest going till you can do some training. I think you've made the right choice. xxx

Something you will def find interesting and useful is to go and have your nails done in a reputable salon near you. x

Latest posts

Back