Someone gave me a bad rep ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
I am really upset. I put a thread on this site a bit ago asking if anyone could give me advice on how they had set up a home salon. I got lots of really good replies which were very helpful, not just to me, but also to other I suspect. Anyway I have just recently learned how to look at my 'reputation points' and was shocked to see that someone has given me a bad reputation point with regards to that thread. It said............I had to think of these problems, cant you.

I thought we were supposed to help each other out on this site. This will make me really cautious about asking for help again in the future. It made me feel like I was really thick.

Don't worry we have all had bad reps and good ones too. It just means that one person out of 4,000 and odd doesn't agree with your thread.
:hug:

valburt said:
I am really upset. I put a thread on this site a bit ago asking if anyone could give me advice on how they had set up a home salon. I got lots of really good replies which were very helpful, not just to me, but also to other I suspect. Anyway I have just recently learned how to look at my 'reputation points' and was shocked to see that someone has given me a bad reputation point with regards to that thread. It said............I had to think of these problems, cant you.

I thought we were supposed to help each other out on this site. This will make me really cautious about asking for help again in the future. It made me feel like I was really thick.

sorry babes i just replyed to this but posted it on the other thread, i will try to cut and paste for you xxx

hey listen babes, ( i will get shot down in flames for saying this and loads of red bad reps but i dont give one now) you said /did nothing wrong, dont give it a second thought...to be honest i think there is a person going round just giving bad rep for pathetic reasons cos they are sad and it makes them feel powerful, sat hiding behind a pc, proberbly wouldnt say boo to a goose in the real world.
I got a bad rep for silly reasons like not likeing my font !!!! your thread/post on home salons was great and we are here to help and support each other, there just seems to be 1 or 2 who like to stir things up a bit.

Please dont let it put you off making threads/posts, ignor xxx

angie

aww hun,:hug: dont worry! as it has been said we have all had neg points before. dont dwell on it hunni! you cant please everyone all the time, you just gotta try to please the majority!

i havent been on here for a while and this is the first thread i have read, but im sure your thread has helped loada other people in the same position, so who cares what one thinks!!! chin up hunni!:wink2:

Don't waste your time worrying, you always contribute great posts, ignore this person and move on

Cathy

It isn't a good feeling to get a bad rep, especially when its undeserved. But hun you're not gonna get your hands cut off cos you got a bad rep, just focus on the good reps. Laugh at the saddo who did it and just be grateful that you actually have a life lol!!!
ps if you really believe that someone is out there giving bad reps out for the hell of it then pm Sam as he can monitor it. If it is true then no doubt this trouble maker will end up on the wrong side of a ban!!

valburt said:

Big hugs Valburt - ignore this silly person!

:hug:

I wouldn't worry too much. The person should have pm'd you and explained why they gave you a negative rep. Cheer up!

Please let's not have another one of these threads!

I have been given neg rep on a number of occasions and live to fight another day! Everyone has a right to an opinion even if it is not our own. Valburt sometimes other peoples opinions don't make sense to us... move on kiddo - it was done ages ago and you are living to fight another day too!!! On and upwards as they say...:hug:

Latest posts

Back