Sore Wrist, RSI or CTS??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly Ann

Sweetie Geekie
Reaction score
Hello all! Hope you are well!!
Wondered if anyone coule help me!
I'm, suffering at the moment with my right wrist and I'm pretty sure it's repetitive strain form doing nails all the time!
It's quite bad at the moment and I keep getting pins and needles in my wrist and up my arm and my wrist sometimes goes a bit numb too!! Does this sound more like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome?
Does anyone have any ides how I can support my wrist while I am working, I've bought some arm supports htis weekend but they are no good so I've taken them back!! Does anyone else get this, if so how do you try to help the pain?
I'm in quite alot of pain so any suggestions would be lovely!! Thank you!!!

Thanks!!

Hugs and Bubbles

Tilly Ann xx

I think a visit to the Doctors is in order mate - sounds painful and you really need to get it looked at :hug:

PM Sarahp too - she's been suffering with the same thing (check out the link below)

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=12624&highlight=operation

Someone has just had a op for this - I think that might be Sarahp too - but I can't remember for sure :o

Trin
xx

Thanks, just had a look and sent her a message too!!

I'm putting off going to the doctors as my GP is horrid and she makes you feel like you are really putting her out!!

I'm petrefied of operation, needles and anasthetic!! I don't suppose you know if you have to be put to sleep for this operation do you? I'll be paniking now!! :cry: :Scared:

Tilly xx

Ask to see a different GP - some Doctors are horrible, I'd rather go to the Dentist than the Doctors :irked:

I have no idea about the op - they can do loads of surgery using the keyhole method these days, so a local should do it. Sarahp will be able to put your mind at rest I'm sure.

Take care and try to rest it as much as possible.

Trin
xx

Thank you Trin!!!!

I've just made an appointment for tomorrow and sent Sarahp a message!!!
I'll die if I have to have an op!!! YEESHK!!! :Scared:

Thanks!!

Tilly xx

I had this a few years ago. I went up and down to the doctors having various treatments with no results. In the end I went to a Private Sports Clinic (saw a couple of celebs there too). I know it sounds a bit crackpot, but I had two treatments of acupuncture and I never had the pain again. I also hate needles, but really these didn't hurt and I just didn't look. It only cost about £60 in total. The initial referral was from my GP.

That sound like a good alternative but I don't think I could handle the needles!!!! I'm so scared of them it's pathetic, I'd need someone to hold my hand!! Do you think physiotherapy would help to avoid having an op?

I'm so pathetic!!!!

Tilly xx

I had a similar experience last year, pins and needles,numb hands couldn't put my arms up over my head! Saw mt gp he gave me anti inflammitory tabs and sent me to a phsysio she said that it was refered pain from my back and shoulders(bad posture while working) she gave me exercises to do helped me correct the posture problem and I had 10 weeks worht of physio and I haven't had too many problems since. So hopefully your problem can be fixed without needles.

Thanks Sam, there is a Physiotherapist who works at the gym I go to so I'll ask him what he thinks!!
Have you not neede an operation then? Does it still hurt now?
Thanks!!!

Tilly x

No surgery needed still occasionally get sore back and shoulders but that usually coinsides with a really busy day(9.30-6.30) but I now know the warning signs if I'm not sitting right and I can correct it.I also invested in a gas lift adjustable chair best investment ever.

I also was suffering for a while with this. It was my posture that was at fault as I was leaning to the left and getting tingling & numbing sensation down my left arm. I watch how I sit and do arm & wrist exercises when its quiet and the pain has gone away. Unfortunetly when I had the pain - worse at night I didnt find anything that would relieve it so I cant help you there. The acupunture idea sounds great might try that if it reappears in the busy summer months.

Hi Honey, I've just had a op for the same thing,I've been doing nails for about 13 years and all this started about 4 years ago with pins and needles in my hand and then it went up my arm to my elbow started to lose the strengh in my arm and hand can't even open a jar any more and just got worse, it got so bad that the doctor said I had know choice but to have the op or my arm would just waste away and be come paralysised ,I'm on the mend but still don't know if I can return to work not good when is your own business. don't wont to frighten you but please be careful go to the doc's just incase its like mine Take care, keep in touch give me a ring if you wont a cheat 07802 811928 try and rest its the best thing when its bad ok Luv Angie x x x:Love:

Thanks Angie!! Soetimes it get's so bad that I can't hold my toothbrush properly and I struggle to drive and stuff!!
Does anyone know anything about Reiki? My pal does that and wondered if that might help!!

Trying to avoid surgery and needles at all costs!!!

Tilly xx
Nails By Angie said:
Hi Honey, I've just had a op for the same thing,I've been doing nails for about 13 years and all this started about 4 years ago with pins and needles in my hand and then it went up my arm to my elbow started to lose the strengh in my arm and hand can't even open a jar any more and just got worse, it got so bad that the doctor said I had know choice but to have the op or my arm would just waste away and be come paralysised ,I'm on the mend but still don't know if I can return to work not good when is your own business. don't wont to frighten you but please be careful go to the doc's just incase its like mine Take care, keep in touch give me a ring if you wont a cheat 07802 811928 try and rest its the best thing when its bad ok Luv Angie x x x:Love:

I have RSI (and tendonitis!!) in both of my wrists from working at my current job (not nails related). I am waiting to see a rheumatologist at the hospital, for injections - been told they will probably be cortisone injections.

Both wrists are swollen and look very 'out of shape', they're stiff, and crack when I bend them. I'm in no pain at the moment, but when I am omg it's awful! I get shooting pains from my fingers to my elbow and loose strength in my grip. I wear the tubigrip badages when I work now - I find they really help. I wore them when doing my nails a few weeks ago and didn't feel a thing!!!

xx

Latest posts

Back