sorry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
i got an answer yesterday about when the enhancement is hanging off and it has ripped half the nail off. But on my mums other finger the enhancement is totally off but on her natural nail is a crack in the middle. What do i do? wait until it grows out or can i apply overlay? If so you will be able to see the crack through it wont you? Please help< thanks again.

There was a post about a cracked enhancement the other day - you need to follow the same steps, yes it will be OK to put an overlay on provided you make sure it's completely clean and sealed properly.

You need to:-

- Clean your hands with Coolblue and Mums

- Throughly clean the crack with Scrubfresh - warn Mum this is going to sting like hell, but it has to be completely clean before you can seal it.

- Seal the crack with Gel Bond - use gelbond if possible because of it's gap filling properties. Make sure it is completely sealed to ensure no grease, moisture, etc. can get in.

- Overlay (go gently - Mum's going to be majorly unhappy by this point :confused: ) with whatever system you use. Preferably not gel, as it needs to be buffed off, and if a bacterial infection should start to occur you don't really want to be buffing off gel as it's going to hurt (unless you use a soak off gel then no problem)

It should grow out nicely with no problems - rebalance as normal if required.

HTH
Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:
There was a post about a cracked enhancement the other day - you need to follow the same steps, yes it will be OK to put an overlay on provided you make sure it's completely clean and sealed properly.

You need to:-

- Clean your hands with Coolblue and Mums

- Throughly clean the crack with Scrubfresh - warn Mum this is going to sting like hell, but it has to be completely clean before you can seal it.

- Seal the crack with Gel Bond - use gelbond if possible because of it's gap filling properties. Make sure it is completely sealed to ensure no grease, moisture, etc. can get in.

- Overlay (go gently - Mum's going to be majorly unhappy by this point :confused: ) with whatever system you use. Preferably not gel, as it needs to be buffed off, and if a bacterial infection should start to occur you don't really want to be buffing off gel as it's going to hurt (unless you use a soak off gel then no problem)

It should grow out nicely with no problems - rebalance as normal if required.

HTH
Trin
xx
cool thanks alot, i have gelbond do i just put a tiny bit onto the crack after scrubfresh then apply the tip and overlay? will you still see the crack?

zoeCU said:
cool thanks alot, i have gelbond do i just put a tiny bit onto the crack after scrubfresh then apply the tip and overlay? will you still see the crack?

I'd stick loads of gel bond in, and wipe away any excess, you need to make sure the crack is really water and airtight.

It depends on how visible the crack is before hand - if it's really visible without an overlay, it will still be visible under the overlay, unless you use an opaque powder like Flawless Pink to hide the flaws.

If it's a really clean crack, it may not be too obvious - if it's all bloody then it will definitely show

Latest posts

Back