Spa Manicure & Splitting Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
I've got a regular weekly manicure client who has 3 badly splitting nails. She has an allergy to wheat products and is in her late 60's.
I'm bashing my head up a brick wall to work out why they keep splitting.
Would it possibly be due to her allergy or could she be allergic to any of the spa manicure products ??
She is a lovely client and I would love to be able to solve the splitting nails for her.
She is always v happy with the manicure but I feel that I am letting her down by not solving this problem.
Any ideas ???
Thank you

I don't know if it's similar, but my next door neighbour is a celiac and has problems with her nails due to her condition. I think part of the reason is because she has problems absorbing calcium. She certainly is on a wheat free diet. Not sure of what to suggest other than perhaps she should pay her GP a visit and ask whether she should be prescribed any supplements.

Like any part of the body, poor diet can affect overall condition.

But depending on how the nail is splitting will define the answer... Is it a split right through the plate.. Ie matrix damage (permanent)
Or are the top layers splitting open and peeling. I have this on one finger where I tore up the top of my nail, and it is still trying to grow out...

Also bear in mind that due to her age the plate probably grows very slowly and the top layers may be a lot older than the layers beneath....

If it was an allergic reaction to Spa products you would most likely see it on soft tissue rather than the nail plate....

Latest posts

Back