Space saving salon ideas......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful82

Reaction score
Hi, I am moving my beauty business to work from home in my spare room. I am limited on space and need to condense my furniture right down. I currently have a trolley, a flat couch, a table and 2 chairs (1 for client an 1 for myself). I need a couch and I also need a place to do nails. I have been looking at these couches that can sit upright into a chair....can anyone recomend these as a good space saving item? Would I be able to perform manicures and pedicures as well as massages etc using one of these couches?? Also I was thinking about a table attached to the wall that can be dropped down and put up as and when needed?? Any ideas! Help please!!!!!:cry:

Hi I have worked from home for years and have an electric couch that can be converted in to a seat. (the back rest comes up and the footrest lowers down) This is great for pedicures and I also use it for facials, massage etc.. I can't comfortably use it for Manicures because of the workings underneath so I have a separate nail desk that is on wheels, portable and can be folded away. I have a big, fluffy, comfy chair for clients and a stool for me that I use for Mani and Pedi's. x

Hi, thank you for you response, that is realy helpful an I am certainly going to look into them. Do you have any pictures of your slon on here at all?? I am lookin for inspiration and also where did you get you nail desk from? Thank again
Hi I have worked from home for years and have an electric couch that can be converted in to a seat. (the back rest comes up and the footrest lowers down) This is great for pedicures and I also use it for facials, massage etc.. I can't comfortably use it for Manicures because of the workings underneath so I have a separate nail desk that is on wheels, portable and can be folded away. I have a big, fluffy, comfy chair for clients and a stool for me that I use for Mani and Pedi's. x

Hello

I used to work from a very small room. I had a portable couch which I used for everything except pedicures, when I would use another chair. I had some nice storage boxes I used for products and equipment which I stored under the couch, and just moved them out when doing a manicure. It worked fine.

I now have a huge electric couch that can be sat up to do pedicures. I wouldn't recommend it in your situation because you cannot store anything underneath it, and you cannot do manicures across it. Keep it simple. If you have a portable couch, you can fold it down when doing a pedi, and use another chair.

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi, thank you for that. That is really interesting. So did you do your manicures across the couch? I trained in this way and had thought about it. I am just worried that I want it all to still look professional an organised. With the couch you have now can you do a manicure from it?? ie...sitting it upright and bringing a table to it?? The storage isnt so much of a problem as I have shelving an plan to use another cupboard in the home for storage. Thanks x
Hello

I used to work from a very small room. I had a portable couch which I used for everything except pedicures, when I would use another chair. I had some nice storage boxes I used for products and equipment which I stored under the couch, and just moved them out when doing a manicure. It worked fine.

I now have a huge electric couch that can be sat up to do pedicures. I wouldn't recommend it in your situation because you cannot store anything underneath it, and you cannot do manicures across it. Keep it simple. If you have a portable couch, you can fold it down when doing a pedi, and use another chair.

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi, thank you for you response, that is realy helpful an I am certainly going to look into them. Do you have any pictures of your slon on here at all?? I am lookin for inspiration and also where did you get you nail desk from? Thank again

Will get some pics on here asap. Working across your couch if you can doesn't look unprofessional at all IMO but I only have a small room also and can even pop up a spray tan tent if I move things around. Will get pics of nail desk also HTH x

I think doing manicures across the couch is fine. I used to use a tray for my products & tools etc to keep them level, as things fall over on the couch.

Now I have an electric couch I no longer do manicures across the couch, as there's no leg room.

Fantastic, thank you x

Will get some pics on here asap. Working across your couch if you can doesn't look unprofessional at all IMO but I only have a small room also and can even pop up a spray tan tent if I move things around. Will get pics of nail desk also HTH x

ok well maybe that is also something for me to think about. I have a great 2 tier trolley with drawers which I will defintaley keep and use to put my products on so when doing a manicure across the couch I can just wheel the trolley over and have all the manicure products straight at hand. x

I think doing manicures across the couch is fine. I used to use a tray for my products & tools etc to keep them level, as things fall over on the couch.

Now I have an electric couch I no longer do manicures across the couch, as there's no leg room.

Hello Beautiful82,

I'm in exactly the same position as you and I have discovered great ways of saving space!! I use a portable couch and do mani's across them and use the same bed for pedi's, massage, facials, waxing ~ everything! I have got myself 2 bathroom trolleys which are stainless steel on the top and have 4 plastic drawers underneath for storage. The trolley's aren't huge so just enough space on top for a wax pot, pre wax lotion, after wax lotion, talk, strips etc. The other 1 I keep most mani/pedi bits on top and in both just store spare bits and keep my eye treatment, facial and massage bits in the drawers below. They're great! Another great thing was I had a circular shower rail put up and have an extra long black shower curtain attached to it so I can also do spray tanning in the room! I put a black towel on the floor to protect it so that's fine. I keep the spray tanning unit on my old portable trolley which I just about have enough space for in the corner at the head of the bed ~ I also store my clean towels on the bottom tier.

Hope that's helped you a bit and maybe given you some ideas! xx

My room is 10x8 and I have a wall with base unit with sink in, a shelving unit above, a portable trolley alongside this and then another unit with is a larder unit (I brought the units from B&Q bargain shelves hehe) then I have just enough room for my portable bed a stool and a chair for clients.

When I do spray tans I collapse the bed and lean against a wall then I pop up the spray tan tent so that the bed is hidden behind the tent but not in the way to get knocked.

Its small but cozie ive been told. lol

I've always done mani's across a bed - at college, at a salon I worked at and now at my own salon, i use a tray too to stop products falling over on soft surface.

hth

Hiya. Thank u so much 4 that, thats really helpful. so what sort of chairs do u have? at the moment i have a stool 4 my self and a large comy padded chair 4 my client but am thinking i need to change my client chair to a fold up one so i can put it out the way easily when im not using it?? x QUOTE=Shellie xx;943082]Hello Beautiful82, I'm in exactly the same position as you and I have discovered great ways of saving space!! I use a portable couch and do mani's across them and use the same bed for pedi's, massage, facials, waxing ~ everything! I have got myself 2 bathroom trolleys which are stainless steel on the top and have 4 plastic drawers underneath for storage. The trolley's aren't huge so just enough space on top for a wax pot, pre wax lotion, after wax lotion, talk, strips etc. The other 1 I keep most mani/pedi bits on top and in both just store spare bits and keep my eye treatment, facial and massage bits in the drawers below. They're great! Another great thing was I had a circular shower rail put up and have an extra long black shower curtain attached to it so I can also do spray tanning in the room! I put a black towel on the floor to protect it so that's fine. I keep the spray tanning unit on my old portable trolley which I just about have enough space for in the corner at the head
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a stool for myself which doesn't have a back so it slides under the bed when not in use and I cheat a bit and use one of my dining table chairs when doing a mani but thats the only time so for all other treatments the chair is out of the room!

Latest posts

Back