Spatula with high lift tints and bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my previous post, I posted a web link. This is what you guys are talking about?

thanks JDs
Yes thats the weaving comb , thats the sort of comb for picking up the highlights, ours are very similar to those :)

but sweetcorn found a picture of a spatula for everyone to see as well.
It was on her salons direct link,
I saw it on her link too , but now the mouse wont click on the link :confused:

oooooooh Jeni Giles Has found one now, its called a color pallete

spatula
I was watching this video on youtube and wonder if using this technique the colour would bleed onto the rest of the hair. Do any of you use the spatula? and for what reason rather than foiling?

I use spatula sometimes, just to give a nice natural look, or for lowlights. As I sometimes find bleach with spatula don't lift as much as it would in foils due to heat.

I am a bit fan of the spatula and have used it to put high lift tint or low lights into hair (sometimes using 3 different colours at once using different spatulas of course:!:). I have used it for bleach highlights evern though you may get a lighter colour with foils. If I need heat, I just carefully put all the hair into a plastic cap.

I have never noticed swelling or bleeding and the result is always good and I find you can get closer to the roots with a spatula than you can with foils.

In comparison to foils, it is much cheaper and less waste. A spatula can be used over and over again. I do mine much similar to how I would put foils in, sectioning hair and starting at the bottom. When doing the top section, I start at the front and when pulling the hair through the spatula, I carefully pull the hair to the side to avoid putting hair onto the face. I also use a comb to draw the lightest colour through bits of hair around the front perimiter of the head.

For really short hair, you are better using a cap (for one colour) or foils as it is hard to hold the short hair onto the spatula.

Hope that helps!

thanks. i've got a client having highlights and lowlights. i'll try doing foil highlights and spatula lowlights x

This is a pic of a spatula. I love using one, it's much quicker and you can get closer to root. I get no bleeding. Brill for using more than one colour.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322334236.876066.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322334236.876066.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 805
Used to use spatula but clients prefer foil and visicolor, they say spatula feels like it's something they could do at home, so I ditched them and my colour work has increased :) due to recommendations x

it's amazing some of the things people can do themselves lol i'd love to see that. I certainly couldn't do that on myself. That's true tho stick to what keeps your client happy x

it's amazing some of the things people can do themselves lol i'd love to see that. I certainly couldn't do that on myself. That's true tho stick to what keeps your client happy x

Really? I can quite easily put foils in my hair, apply all over colour and cut it :) with about 4 mirrors around me :)

Really? I can quite easily put foils in my hair, apply all over colour and cut it :) with about 4 mirrors around me :)

I can do a partial on myself and I thought that was good, your just showing off lol xx

I can do a partial on myself and I thought that was good, your just showing off lol xx

I've had many colour changes and styles that no one does how I want, my hair is only short remember :) xx

I used to use spatulas years ago +++ but havent used one for probably 10 years now....i always use foil.
Still have a few spatulas in my kit bag thou lol .... just incase someone asks for it...

Latest posts

Back