Speedey Topcoat ... Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

I've just looked at my Speedey topcoat description (as I was looking through my topcoats for one with UV inhibitors) ... it actually says on there that it has UV 'absorbers' .. if I didn't know better I would have thought this the opposite.

Can someone advise please

UV inhibitors are found in products like Total Eclipse, this is an optical enhancer that protects nails from the yellowing effects of ultra violet rays, enhancing the pink of the nailplate and making the white a tad whiter. Something I use on my French L&P.....

Where as Speedy has UV absorbers that stabilise the colour of your enamel, so it will not fade in sunlight and is also used as a refresher for enamel to keep it nice and shiney..both are great retail items xxxx
UV absorbers = preventing fading
UV inhibitors = prevent yellowing

HTH

Thanks for this Ruth .... you sure do know your stuff. Silly me thought they had it wrong on the bottle (as if !!!! lol)

Nailsinlondon1 said:
UV inhibitors are found in products like Total Eclipse, this is an optical enhancer that protects nails from the yellowing effects of ultra violet rays, enhancing the pink of the nailplate and making the white a tad whiter. Something I use on my French L&P.....

Where as Speedy has UV absorbers that stabilise the colour of your enamel, so it will not fade in sunlight and is also used as a refresher for enamel to keep it nice and shiney..both are great retail items xxxx
UV absorbers = preventing fading
UV inhibitors = prevent yellowing

HTH

Latest posts

Back