Sprained ankle and broken leg?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpio34a

Reaction score
A client has asked me to do a pedicure on her sprained ankle.
I've said this is ok, but will not be able to offer a massage.
Is this ok?
How have others geeks dealt with this?
I'm just painting her nails on her broken leg, as only her toes are exposed.

Can't see any problem with this at all.

Just make sure she lets you know what is comfortable for her, she's the one who can feel the pain not you.

Hope you are still charging full price??

Jacqui xx

I dont see a problem either, but if my ankle was sprained i dont think i would want a pedicure.. would it not hurt to much having someone hold your foot etc? Maybe just be extra carefull to not cause any extra discomfort :)

I'm charging full price. She wants her eyebrows shaped as well now. I'm just offering to tweezer them rather then wax. Should I get her to sign anything to cover myself?

Why are you offering to tweeze and not wax?

I don't think she needs to sign anything. So long as you are not pulling her foot around or massaging it I don't see what harm can befall her.

Jacqui xx

Same as above to be honest, i would however make sure i put what you did and didnt do on the client card, and state treatment on sprained ankle too..

Sarah x

Im not sure if i would get her to sign anything or not? I mean you dont want her to later say that you caused her more pain and damage by the way you handled the foot or something and try and sue ( some people are petty like that ) Its all down to you i guess :)

Wouldn't just a polish change complete with cuticle tidy and nail shaping be more in order for someone with a broken leg and a sprained ankle?

Wouldn't just a polish change complete with cuticle tidy and nail shaping be more in order for someone with a broken leg and a sprained ankle?

To be honest .. thats all i would be prepared to do to.. i definatly wouldnt offer to massage or soak even as you wouldnt know the extent of bruising etc..

How on earth did she break one leg and sprain the other! Bless her, guess she wants her toes looking pretty as her legs must be in a bit of a state. I would do shape, cuticles and polish. If she pushes for anything else get her to sign something along the lines of: the client has been advised against further treatment due to her condition but agrees to x being performed at her own risk.

How on earth did she break one leg and sprain the other! Bless her, guess she wants her toes looking pretty as her legs must be in a bit of a state. I would do shape, cuticles and polish. If she pushes for anything else get her to sign something along the lines of: the client has been advised against further treatment due to her condition but agrees to x being performed at her own risk.

Was wondering that too... She must be clumsy lol.

I'm charging full price. She wants her eyebrows shaped as well now. I'm just offering to tweezer them rather then wax. Should I get her to sign anything to cover myself?

I too was wondering why you didn't use wax! If you are ever concerned about doing a treatment I would get them to sign a disclaimer where you write down her injuries etc etc and that way if she tries to claim that you caused further injury or discomfort then your back is covered (so to speak!) Once her cast is off and if she gets a doctors letter then massaging the body and gently near the injury will help blood flow, circulation and may assist in her recovery but only do that if she produces a doctors note to support that the doctor considers a massage acceptable!

Was wondering that too... She must be clumsy lol.
I just recently broke my left ankle and my right foot. I'm not clumsy, accidents happen. It's painful and life changing for the time you're unable to walk. It can happen to anyone...

I dont see a problem either, kitsune miniatures but if my ankle was sprained i dont think i would want a pedicure.. Poker Freerolls | SwC Poker | Bitcoin Poker would it not hurt to much having someone hold your foot etc? Maybe just be extra carefull to not cause any extra discomfort :)
It's always a good idea to communicate with the pedicurist about your condition, and they can adjust their techniques and pressure to ensure you're as comfortable as possible during the pedicure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back