Spray tan & other treatments at same time? (esp eyelash tint)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
I have been getting a few clients lately wanting a few treatments together at same time as spray tan.

I always do the spray tan last & I adapt some treatments to make sure there is no unwanted effect on the tan result (ie use a little barrier cream on sole of feet at end of pedicure for massage instead of usual lotion & avoid calf area altogether).

Obviously some things such as body massage are a complete no no b4 a tan but my Q is what other treatments would you definately not do at same appointment as a tan and also can someone advise me whether an eyelash tint is ok to do or not?

I was told at my training not to do eyelash tint on same day but they gave no reason other than 'just to be sure!'.

Thanks alot.

I would avoid doing a lash tint and spray tan on the same appointment due to the vaseline etc that you put on the skin to protect from the lash tint. think it is always good to have a 24 hour gap if possible in between so you know that the client would have cleansed etc so you know there is not residue of the vaseline left.

I wouldnt do any waxing on the same appointment either.

I have done nail enhancements at the same appointment, but make sure the hand were well washed before the tan way applied to make sure no oil or products left of the clients hands.

I wouldn't do a facial at the same time as a spray tan either, as the product used on the skin during will provide a barrier to the tan being effective.

I actually do do lash tints at the same time, I just make sure the vaseline is removed properly! I also do manicure, pedicure and then tan too, like it sounds you do. I just massage the feet only during the pedicure and the hand only during the manicure using the moisturiser I am going to use as the barrier.

I prepare everything for polish and then spray and then squeak the nails and put polish on!

I'm brave like that! It has worked fine but I am aware of the problems this could cause so wouldn't reccomend it unless you are confident with your treatments. But it is possible if you're careful.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons not to do this but it works for me. Can't think of anything else you could do though x

Latest posts

Back