spray tan probs on client with no hair pigment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I have a client who has no pigment in her hair, her hair is very, very pale.
She comes for a lash and brow tint regularly.
Occasionally she has a spray tan. I have tried various solutions on her and the one that she seems happiest with is LA Tan 8%. Now even when she has this tan it only gives her a slight glow. She was my first client to try the organics 10%. She called to say that it had not taken at all on her! This really threw me as I was sure it would suit her.
My question is, would a client with no pigment need a higher % of dha than most people for the tan to develop. When I have tried darker tans she says the "fade off" is terrible due to her being so pale initially!
She has just called to say she would like darker than her normal 8% next time, I am at a bit off a loss! She has also informed me that her last brow tint didn't last as long as normal too!

Any advice much appreciated.

She may also be DHA resistive. Do a patch test with a 12% solution and see how that goes.

I have a client who has no pigment in her hair, her hair is very, very pale.
She comes for a lash and brow tint regularly.
Occasionally she has a spray tan. I have tried various solutions on her and the one that she seems happiest with is LA Tan 8%. Now even when she has this tan it only gives her a slight glow. She was my first client to try the organics 10%. She called to say that it had not taken at all on her! This really threw me as I was sure it would suit her.
My question is, would a client with no pigment need a higher % of dha than most people for the tan to develop. When I have tried darker tans she says the "fade off" is terrible due to her being so pale initially!
She has just called to say she would like darker than her normal 8% next time, I am at a bit off a loss! She has also informed me that her last brow tint didn't last as long as normal too!

Any advice much appreciated.

mmm whilst the vast majority of us react to DHA in the normal way there is always one on so many that have an inherent DHA resistance and in these cases there really is little you can do.

That said in this particular case it seems your customer does at least react somewhat to one particular solution over others you have tried on her.

If this is the case and she wants to go darker then it would follow that you should try a stronger DHA % using the same brand as the one that apparently has some effect on her.

Of course be mindful that with the increased DHA concentrate going onto her skin she really must follow post tan maintenance regimes to the letter to avoid possible fade off problems.

An interesting one and do keep us posted as to how you get on :hug:

Yea I will try and remember to let you know. She is not actually due in for a couple of weeks and knowing this client she could well change her mind at the last minute (lol)

I wish I hadn't tried the organics on her when I first got it as her reaction has made me loose a bit of confidence in using it. I do however like it very much on myself and am spraying my friend with the 10% tonight and another client with the 14% to give me peace of mind. THe other client I tried with the 10% organics is a cancer patient and on lots of meds, so I guess I picked to worst 2 people to trial it on!

Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back