Spray tan solution - increased my business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lublu

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried Nouva Tan???
woman called Dawn came into to see me beginning of June with this "new" spray tan solution -i was a bit sceptical at first but it has been so good that i wanted to share it with everyone - i get between 18 and 20 tans out of a litre and the colour is so natural - my business has almost doubled on last year - pretty good considering in that time a salon has opened up three doors down doing St Trop - just wanted to give everyone a glimmer of hope its not all gloom and doom

lublu :green:

yes i have just bought my kit of her my mate in liverpool uses it in her salon and ive gone mobile apparently its apllied lightly unlike the other solutions thats why it goes so far great colour really natural :):) according to there web site its only been available since january and its a totally new formula Nouvatan? Spray Tanning - 07932 508084 - Home

I've ordered it for my new beauty therapist and I am sooooo excited for it coming!!

Obviously I need to get it done to show everyone how good it is ;)

xxx

Not so good when you have to pay for a sample. unlike other well known spray tan companies who send out FREE samples.

Not so good when you have to pay for a sample. unlike other well known spray tan companies who send out FREE samples.

But at least they re-imburse you the cost of the sample if you go ahead and order their solution, so it's better than a poke in the eye with a brown stick!

our solution is cheaper to purchase than most of the others on the market and we aim to keep it that way by keeping overheads to a minimum sending out samples for free is not cost effective and would result in us having to increase our prices to our existing customers however we do come to salons or the homes of therapists and spray you or a member of staff with our solution for no charge when one of us is in your area which costs a lot more than a sample :eek::eek:
As ruth said the sample price is totally refundable from the 1st purchase we also find that people are more likely to use it if they have to buy to try
one unscrupulous salon was having " free samples" sent to friends /neighbours ect :irked::irked:

Last edited:
Well i have to say it is a fab solution.
I have used it since it first came out. All my clients love it and i've never had one unhappy client. I do 50-75 tans a month and i was using 2 different solutions but i converted all my clients over to this solution. I do still use La Tan Disco for those that want to go mega dark :eek:
I'm not sure about paying for a sample. I've never paid for a sample and believe me, i've sampled loads.
If you buy 3 litres you get free P&P too.
Most solutions are applied lightly and i generally get 20-22 tans from a bottle but i know a lot of people who use 25-30ml per tan so you could actually get 30+ tans from a bottle.

our solution is cheaper to purchase than most of the others on the market and we aim to keep it that way by keeping overheads to a minimum sending out samples for free is not cost effective and would result in us having to increase our prices to our existing customers however we do come to salons or the homes of therapists and spray you or a member of staff with our solution for no charge when one of us is in your area which costs a lot more than a sample

If it costs more for you to go to salons then surely it would be more cost effective to send out free samples!
Sorry but i don't get that!
If you had lots of calls to go to salons does that mean you would have to put the price up?

If it costs more for you to go to salons then surely it would be more cost effective to send out free samples!
Sorry but i don't get that!
If you had lots of calls to go to salons does that mean you would have to put the price up?

I think he was meaning that some less scrupulous salons were enlisting their friends to order lots of free samples from other tanning companies for the purpose of spraying their clients (to save money at the expense of the tanning company) rather than for trialling that company's products. So they would have no intention of eventually ordering solution from that company, but would just continue to order lots of free samples under false pretences.

So it would then make better business sense for a representative of the tanning company to visit the salon, to demonstrate the solution on a model at the salon, rather than just sending out free samples willy nilly...

ok ok !! we have had a rethink on the samples thing if people from this site are willing to call us on Nouvatan? Spray Tanning - 07932 508084 - Home so we can assess their equipment and give advice on gun settings and spray techniques we will send them a sample but its only free samples for geeks!! angelina and louby thankyou so much for the positive feedback it is hard convincing people to try something new and that it is better than what they are using at the moment but dyson did it with vacuum cleaners and we will with nouvatan :lol:

The only problem here is that Nouvatan is based in the midlands so going to spray someone in say Scotland would not be a viable option.
Believe in your product and get those free samples out.
I know people who would not pay for a sample so you are missing out on a big slice of the market.
I genuinely believe that once people have tried this solution they will love it and you will gain a lot of new customers for a relatively small outlay.
If you can get to a salon then all the better, you can't beat the personal touch :)
As i have said, i have sampled lots of solution and this was the best by far.
It's a lovely natural colour, fades well, smells lush and lasts exceedingly well.
Most of my clients say it lasts 10 days. I have one client that it lasts 3 weeks-she does religiously moisturise twice a day.
Whenever i've sampled new solutions, i never exfoliate beforehand and i never moisturise after. I know a few clients don't take any notice of the aftercare so i need a solution that works even if they don't prepare the skin.
One of my clients who never exfoliates or moisturises said it was the best tan she had ever had and it lasted her 8 days and faded well.
I obviously advise them to follow the aftercare but you can't tell some people :rolleyes:

thaks guys will be giving you a ring:)

What colour does the end tan come out like? and what % are you mainly using?

How much do you charge for your tans can i ask? Have you priced your tans less than the other salon so as to get business??

Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried Nouva Tan???
woman called Dawn came into to see me beginning of June with this "new" spray tan solution -i was a bit sceptical at first but it has been so good that i wanted to share it with everyone - i get between 18 and 20 tans out of a litre and the colour is so natural - my business has almost doubled on last year - pretty good considering in that time a salon has opened up three doors down doing St Trop - just wanted to give everyone a glimmer of hope its not all gloom and doom

lublu :green:

What colour does the end tan come out like? and what % are you mainly using?

It's a natural golden colour.
I actually use all the solutions 8, 10,12 and 14. I would probably say i use 8 and 10 the most but i do a fair few of 12 and 14 too.
I also have the booster drops.
I haven't advertised my tans apart from leaflets on my counter. Nearly all my clients are from recommendations.
I've found that most people want a tan to look natural.
When i used to use Fake Bake i had a few moms and daughters come in together. The younger ones would go for Fake Bake and moms would go for the more natural looking Nouvatan. The daughters would end up coming back for Nouvatan the next time as they loved their moms colour!

You can spot sample junkies a mile off! I wouldn't charge for them though I send them one lot out and catch them out if they try it again! Theres a little secret of catching them out that I won't say here or they will learn how to beat the system. 99% of enquiries though are genuine and I would never penalise them even it its curiosity and they are too in love with their current brands :green:!

And demo'ing costs far more than a sample and I find salons want to try the product without me doing the sales patter on them. If they love it they will buy it.

Kate

Just for the record the demoing is only done when there's is one of our reps on the doorstep.

I went out on a limb with Nouvatan cos I'd heard so much great stuff about it on here and have been so so pleased!!!

I am lovely and brown thanks to Dawn and my therapist :) :) :)

Find it really easy to get clients to book in for it as I'm so pleased with it xxx

I went out on a limb with Nouvatan cos I'd heard so much great stuff about it on here and have been so so pleased!!!

I am lovely and brown thanks to Dawn and my therapist :) :) :)

Find it really easy to get clients to book in for it as I'm so pleased with it xxx
we are really pleased your happy with our kit and our solution :lol::lol: we are always on the end of the phone if you need us or email us via the web site
Nouvatan? Spray Tanning - 07932 508084 - Welcome

thank you. tbh ive had such bad service from so many people recently that it was lovely to work with someone so attentive as dawn. only bad thing is ive just washed off my tan and my beauty therapist insnt back til thursday...sob! Im addicted already! xxx

Latest posts

Back