Spray tanning - feeling disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldeb85

Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking to see what other people would do in my situation. I'm into my third year of tanning and have built up a really good reputation and strong client base. I've never had one complaint or bad tan.

Tonight I've had issues with two of my clients.

Client 1) had a rapid tan, washed it off and was upset as her face was blotchy. I went round to have a look and basically she hadn't washed it off her face properly which meant that she still had patches of solution developing. I cleansed her face for her and it looked much better. It took four cotton pads and they were covered in solution so I know this was the problem. Whilst there she was also upset about her tan line on her back as she had worn a boob tube during application and when she had put her prom dress on, the boob tube had been too high up. I put some cling film over the first tan and misted over the area underneath to try and blend it but have warned her there may be a slight difference.

Client 2) client was sweating excessively during the tan and also put her arms down whilst I was spraying her legs which resulted in major triangular marks. She has called since to say that it looks even worse and I have told her to let it develop and ring me tomorrow when she has washed it off. Again this is for a prom.

I also give good before and after are advice and tonight's tans were no exception. I'm worried now that the second client is going to need sorting out tomorrow but I'm a bit stuck as how to blend it in naturally as I've never had to go back out to fix a tan. I'm worried that the first client is not going to be happy with the mist over even though she wanted it doing and also knew how low her prom dress would be.

Can anyone advise what they would do about it all, especially with client 2?

I've also send people saying that they have applied solution using a mitt. Can anyone advise how they do this and how much solution they use etc? Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi, I hope you get a reply from one of the more experienced guys soon, interested in the answer myself. Good luck.

Firstly don't beat yourself up about it. Things happen that we can't always control.

First lady - just needed to fully wash off the guide colour. The tan lines - you've sorted it out but really she should have considered her outfit a bit more carefully so I don't actually class either of these as your errors.

Second lady - if the patches are triangular can you not resolve in same way as you did with first lady by using cling film?

I've never tried applying with a mitt so can't offer any help on that I'm afraid x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

Just looking to see what other people would do in my situation. I'm into my third year of tanning and have built up a really good reputation and strong client base. I've never had one complaint or bad tan.

Tonight I've had issues with two of my clients.

Client 1) had a rapid tan, washed it off and was upset as her face was blotchy. I went round to have a look and basically she hadn't washed it off her face properly which meant that she still had patches of solution developing. I cleansed her face for her and it looked much better. It took four cotton pads and they were covered in solution so I know this was the problem. Whilst there she was also upset about her tan line on her back as she had worn a boob tube during application and when she had put her prom dress on, the boob tube had been too high up. I put some cling film over the first tan and misted over the area underneath to try and blend it but have warned her there may be a slight difference.

Client 2) client was sweating excessively during the tan and also put her arms down whilst I was spraying her legs which resulted in major triangular marks. She has called since to say that it looks even worse and I have told her to let it develop and ring me tomorrow when she has washed it off. Again this is for a prom.

I also give good before and after are advice and tonight's tans were no exception. I'm worried now that the second client is going to need sorting out tomorrow but I'm a bit stuck as how to blend it in naturally as I've never had to go back out to fix a tan. I'm worried that the first client is not going to be happy with the mist over even though she wanted it doing and also knew how low her prom dress would be.

Can anyone advise what they would do about it all, especially with client 2?

mmm your simply beating yourself up here...in both cases the customers have been at fault.. you did the right thing and went round to there homes to have a look and try to resolve things.. lets be honest here ...thats bloddy good service ))))

So pat on the back for you and keep it up

the only advice ..which generally comes with time...be firm with your customers ...firm but fair otherwise believe me they will walk over you if you are not careful

be cool and keep up the good work :wink2:

Latest posts

Back