Spray tanning in the same room as beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi
Does any body do there spray tanning in the same room as beauty?
The salon I've started in, been there two months now had a spray tent in the beauty room. Everything was covered in spray tan and was sticky and dirty. I spent two days cleaning the room and moved my tan tent into a much smaller room just for tanning. My boss wants me to move the tent back into the beauty room but everything will get covered in tan again and I am I bit worried because I am so busy that the sticky spray tan dirt is going to build up.
Can I use an extractor fan? Would this stop all of my equipment and tools getting covered in tan.
I am worried that if I have lashes and I have set up for my next client and a client comes in for a tan, the spray tan will cover my lashes and act as a barrier to the adhesive.

You can buy a mini turbo twister fan to put in the back of the tent. I love mine, I got it off la tanning when they ran a promotion.

Is the gun set correctly? Do you think they just didn't bother cleaning regularly?.

You can buy a mini turbo twister fan to put in the back of the tent. I love mine, I got it off la tanning when they ran a promotion.

Is the gun set correctly? Do you think they just didn't bother cleaning regularly?.
Do you find the extractor makes a big difference? I don't do loads of tans but all of my salon furniture is white and it's a pain to wipe it all down

I've never worked without one, I've had respiratory problems in the past so I bought one straightaway after I'd trained.

I haven't had to clean tanning solution off anything do it must be doing something.

The room was never cleaned, tan solution was everywhere. I did two tans today since moving the tent into other room and the machine was blasting out on full power. It's the first time using this machine. I thought the machine was broken so I called my boss who said it was ok and showed me how to use machine. It was like a fire hose coming out of the gun it was turned up really high and she was stood more than three feet away. I think that's what been happening they have had the machine turned right up high waisting loads of tan solution. I eventually found the nozel and turned it down. I can keep track of how much tan is being used. I'm glad I moved everything I'm such a clean freak I would have had to stop an clean things otherwise lol. I will talk to boss about extractor fan that's a good idea.

Mine is down very low and I spray close but even after one tan there's a residue on my desk when I wipe it. Not obvious but the wipes show it.

Latest posts

Back