Spray tanning samples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGREG89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Very new here however been doing alot of research lately as i'm in the process of setting up a new tanning business.

After lots of research i am now currently looking into solutions and what is best on the market, i am wanting to offer a couple of different types and not solely one however i have noticed there doesn't seem to be many companies willing to let you sample their solutions. (free) :)

I don't have a problem paying and have ordered a couple as most are reasonably priced however was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that offers this.

would be very grateful for any advice xxxx

Hi there!

I got free samples from,

Kissed by mii
Norvell
Fakebake
Flirties
Beaubronze
St Tropez
Crazy Angel

I fell in love with Norvell, I only had to pay postage on Flirties but all the others were free :) x

Thank you Jambo ... do you have any advice on how you went about doing this? :)

Thank you Jambo ... do you have any advice on how you went about doing this? :)
Of course :) I emailed them something along the lines of - I have just qualified in spray tanning and am in the process of deciding which brand I would like to use, if you would be as kind as to send me a sample of your products - either an 8 or 10% it would be much appreciative!

They normally send you enough for 1 tan although no joke - beau bronze & norvell send me litres!!!!! Norvell sent me an exfoliation mitt and tanning face creams too!

I think those two are trying to break into the market so with them I added in the email that I am looking to offer a different brand in my area as its mainly fakebake / St Tropez! I finished it with if they need a copy / picture of my cert please let me know and added my full name and address at the bottom!

Some don't reply but you literally get a knock on the door and the stuff turns up!!

If you can, practice on the same person and ask them how they rate how it lasts, smells, feels & looks, I decided to stick with Norvell, I love that it's organic and my client said it didn't feel as sticky straight after the spray like last time!

This was around 6 months ago for me, I googled spray tanning liquid and literally spent 1 whole evening going through all the companies and contacting them - was well worth it!!

I've moved home it's a shame as my free samples are in storage - I get them Wednesday and you will not believe how much I got I will send a picture to spur you on!!! X

Thank you for the advice I'll give it a shot... just out of curiosity how have you found the custom?
I've had a lot of interest but cannot work out financially until it's fully up and running however starting how many did you find you were doing on a weekly basis? X

It was all word of mouth from my friends really! I charge £12.50 for full body so I undercut the millions of beauty shops that are in my area that charge £20! But to be honest I am a single mum also working full time and doing other beauty bits so any cash I make is a bonus!!

I try to book 2 people in one go at least and when I had a beauty room I would arrange nights where I would have 1 straight after the other!

Are you doing it mobile or do you have a spare room etc?

Okay so this is how I worked it out - 1 litre bottle of spray solution is on average £20, so there is 1000ml in a litre and after a good bit of practice you can do a full spray tan using 50ml, so you are looking at 20 spray tans from 1 bottle and can look to earn £230 from my charges of £12.50 (taking off price of bottle) if I was to do it mobile I would charge £15.

I only do maybe 2 a week but I have a 6 month old baby and took the course when she was a newborn so haven't been able to fully give it my all, these are some ideas that I have though...

Hosting a pamper party either at mine or asking friends if they would like to host one and to look at charging £20pp, they would get a full body spray tan and a free glass of wine! The host would get a spray tan for free and I would ask for a minimum of say 4 ladies.

A like and share my Facebook page with the winner receiving a spray half price or free if the winner has one and books with a paying friend!

I also do an incentive of 6 spray tans and you receive 7th half price.

It all depends on your target area, I post pictures on my Facebook page of before and after too and I learnt the brand Norvell inside and out so you believe in what you sell!

Sorry for the essay anything else you can think of feel free to ask :) X

Ive just had some Norvell samples delivered. I was so shocked when they arrived, they sent me 4 237ml bottles for free. I cant wait to try them :) x

Latest posts

Back