Spread sheets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm starting up my new business soon and I was wondering if I could have some advice on how people keep their books ? Is there any useful spread sheets out there I could use ? Many thanks .

I would recommend starting with an online system such as Quickbooks. I wish I had done this from the start instead of my antiquated spreadsheet system, the business has grown at such a speed it was a bit of an oversight on my side. I would also recommend making an appointment with an account just for advice on how to get going as you will need one eventually so they can help you start as you mean to go on. I made the mistake of thinking I could do everything, you need people who can help you, so you can focus on what you love.

Yep spot on rubywoo, in my experience everyone who tries to manually keep their own books ends up regretting it. Its worth starting with a simple accounting system so that everything is taken care of and you wont have any nasty surprises.

It always seems like a good idea to save money but tends to come back to haunt you in either a crazy time commitment every month or tax chaos due to not keeping it up to date.

Xero is another popular option https://www.xero.com/uk.

Latest posts

Back