Star Nail - Starlight Gel not soak offable

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I purchased the whole kit and kaboodle of the Starlight Gel. I didn't have any problems with it until I tried to remove it. The only thing I forgot to buy was the soak off solution. Apparently the manufactures took this product off the market. When I called Star Nail about this the customer rep. appologized and told me to "take a heavy grit file and watch out for the cuticle and file it off." Not what I was hoping to hear, so I tried acetone.

I wrapped my fingers with soaked acetone cotton with tinfoil and electric mitts for atleast 20- 25 minutes. Didn't budge the gel at all, it was still dry.
In the end I had to file them off. Does anyone know if anything will take these puppies off?

Thanks.:grr:

if acetone didnt shift them, im afraid you will have to gently buff them off, you don't use a heavy grit file tho, 100/180 is fine. whatever you do don't pick or pull the gel off.

GO GENTLY!!!! And then as you get closer to the natural nail you may want to switch to a 240 grit file, which is what I do. Also to cause as little damage as possible to the natural nail I leave a thin layer on gel on the nail plate. It will eventually just grow up and off. hth xx

Thanks for everyone's help, Just gently file them off eh!
Well that's the only way, thats just what I'm going to have to do.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, baby needed my attention.
Great help, Thanks a bunch.

could you get a refund on your purchase ?

it seems pretty unreasonable to market it a soak off and then withdraw the soaker !

Latest posts

Back