star nails china silk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
ok been at college since september and still getting white spots
this is how our tutor tells us how to do them
put nails on then blend
then put china silk on and resin and activate
no filling inbetween the next layer
more china silk and resin and activater
then go over with 240 file to remove bumps
then white block
and finish with 3 way buffer
but i get little white spots that wont go and you can see the silk.
using star nails
im thinking of changing to somethink else as everyone is havin the same problems with the white spots.
please help its really p****** me of now how am i ment to pass my assesment if we cant get it right not even the tutor does fabric or silk nails she uses creative acrylic she has never done fabric i would love to see if she could do it!!!
love Trudi

makes you wonder why she is teaching fibreglass if she doesn't use it ???????
you would think she would teach a system she 'knows'. does she tell you about using stress strips with people who are heavy on their hands? I don't understand why you need 2 layers of silk either.

I don't get white spots using Backscratchers fibreglass, there are loads of other brands though. I was going to try some Star Nails silk when I go back to UK in a few weeks but maybe I won't bother now.

yes she has showed us how to do the stress strip.

I was taught to add another two layer of resin on top of the original 2 silk strips and activate each. Maybe try this hun.

Just a thought, Maybe your silk is contaminated, it should be kept clean and dust free.

Hiya,

i dont use the star nails china silk, but this is how i do silk/fibreglass nails
Prep nail
Add silk/fibreglass and stress strip
resin all 8 fingers, then two thumbs
repeat above procedure!!
activate
resin 8 fingers then 2 thumbs
activate
shape with 240
white block
3 way buffer and oil

HTH, you shouldnt get white spots, this sounds like the mesh has not been wetted enough!!

Amanda

Hiya, l have not done china silk, but when l did the course another girl was doing it, from what l could see there was only one layer of silk and a small piece over the stress area then 2-3 layers of resin and activator, then file and buff, that was with star nails, hope that is of any help, xx

hey,

i would agree with amanda, maybe your not wetting the fibreglass/silk enough....i have used star nails silk in the past and i have not had a problem with white spots.
you may wanna ask Ruth (nailsinlondon1) as she seems to be the know when it comes to fibreglass and silk!! xx

Latest posts

Back