Staring new business, help please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middlesbroe

Reaction score
I have recently been made redundant from my job of approx 5 years and am looking to invest my redundancy in opening a tanning salon in the north east of england. Not sure if I am in the right place but I am loooking for some advice from people in the business about setting up my own salon. At the moment I am a complete novice.... What are obvious pitfalls i should look out for?
wheres the best place to buy my stock ie, tanning creams?
whats the best idea for generating additional income on-site?
how much should i charge per min etc?
any tips on things that have worked for you?
what legislation do i need to satisfy?
do i need specific health and safety stuff?
should i include a spray tan booth?

I have recently been made redundant from my job of approx 5 years and am looking to invest my redundancy in opening a tanning salon in the north east of england. Not sure if I am in the right place but I am loooking for some advice from people in the business about setting up my own salon. At the moment I am a complete novice.... What are obvious pitfalls i should look out for?

Hiya!

I am just down the road!

1st - have you rang business link to see what help you can get? They will send you a whole load of info in the post of do's and dont's. They will give you help on a load of things like training and stuff! Also tell you all the legal stuff. Ring - 0845 600 9006. Honest they are really good for new businesses.

You are best looking and the salon's round you to see what they charge (per min) and go for an average! See what special offers that have and stuff like that! As every area is different priced!

How about getting some one it to do beauty?? Nails, Waxing, Massage, stuff like that!

I am sure a few people on here will be able to guide you in the right direction on were to get some tanning creams!

You will definitely benefit from having spray tan... And i am the Trainer for Tantrick Spray Tan in your area... So let me know if you want anymore info on that side of things!

xxx

hi i can also help you out with this also if you give me a pm i can send out my details to you im from newcastle thanks xx:lol:

Latest posts

Back