Starting Out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-jamie

Reaction score
Hi All

I would love your opinions and help.

I have been doing Nails Spray Tanning and Waxing for a few months now and i would love to go Mobile and be busy, but im not and now im loosing the way. It getting me down as i love doing my treatment.

I have my website set up, www. sparklesonline.co.uk, business cards.

How should i go about advertising, without spending loads, promoting myself.

Also any ideas on how to promote my website, ie, how to get it show in search engines.

All help needed please.

I would love to do spray tanning parties.

Hii all i can say , is buisness takes a long time to take off , and specially to build your clients from scratch , espically if they dont know you do beauty/nails.
i know how u feel i had 7 years of monthly clients always really busy , then i moved to a complete different area where unfortunetly i had to start from scratch which was really hard , luckily i have sucessful friends who own salons and picked up advise and pre warnings from them.
But i think it must be even harder to start out in the Industry from scratch on your own..
have you done leaflet dropping , even offer a percentage off a manicure or half price spray tans at first it pays off to some people , because it lets you be known to them , and them to like your treatment and think great il book back again and again paying full price..
ive been to a charity event , where i had a table doing a shape & polish for a couple of quid , had all my leaflets there to hand out , and discount vouchers, and it was amazing how many ppl didnt know where i was based.

its all about getting the word out , its tough competion now but you have to be known as the best in your area..

good luck with everything xx:)

Latest posts

Back