Starting up - accounts/Excel spreadsheet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yummy Mummy's

Reaction score
Hi there

I am starting up working from home, initially doing nails and eventually more beauty treatments

I have purchased items already and need to keep a record but want to start off on the right foot and get a neat and tidy spreadsheet setup that covers all the info needed to submit my tax return when needed

can anyone please help me and send me a template at all?

much appreciated, thank you..xxx

hi i use a book from rymans it was £12.99 but was helpful but my friend uses brightbook its free to use so am gonna set up soon and give it a go.

https://mybrightbook.com/

hi i use a book from rymans it was £12.99 but was helpful but my friend uses brightbook its free to use so am gonna set up soon and give it a go.

https://mybrightbook.com/

Thanks a lot, I really need a spreadsheet just to start off with though and can maybe use a software package later
Is there anyone who can help me please?

it's on its way - I'm just reformatting it for you. There are 2 spreadsheets to this - income and purchases. I've just given you the income one. The purchases one is on its way!

it's on its way - I'm just reformatting it for you. There are 2 spreadsheets to this - income and purchases. I've just given you the income one. The purchases one is on its way!

Sorry to go off topic but I can no longer access your folder in drop box, I think it was because I deleted the app from my phone. Can I be re-added please?

Sure, drop me a pm with your email address!

Could I be really cheeky and ask for a copy of these also? Its just what I have been looking into doing x

OK, I'm just in the process of creating a template for these and will start a new thread with the links in them.
If you need access to dropbox you need to pm me your email address. I'm more than happy to help with this, but please don't just send me a message saying add me without an email address!

The online accounting system that I use is called FreeAgent, Online Accounting Software: Small Business and Freelancers - FreeAgent - my accountants switched to using it just over a year ago, and it's been amazing for my business - as it gives you running totals of how much profit/loss you're making, how much money you owe in tax, and whatnot. Absolutely brilliant for invoicing too, as it automatically emails out payment reminders if someone is late paying you...

OK, I'm just in the process of creating a template for these and will start a new thread with the links in them.
If you need access to dropbox you need to pm me your email address. I'm more than happy to help with this, but please don't just send me a message saying add me without an email address!

Brilliant thats very kind of you x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

OK, here it is.

Before I go any further with this please read this carefully.

1. If you don't know how to use Excel, this sheet is not for you.
  2. I don't have the time to teach you how to use Excel. I can recommend the Excel for Dummies books!
  3. Please don't pm me with questions on how to use it; I'm really sorry but I just don't have the brain space to deal with a hundred questions on it.
  4. If you do need to ask a question please do so on this thread and I will answer them all when I have a minute.
  5. This sheet should be used in conjunction with either my income sheet - see link below, or with one of your own making, so that you can input the income into Summary Sheet, Column B
  6. Please download this document AND MAKE A COPY OF IT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT!
  7. See number 1!

First sheet - expenses
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef1zan8e2tram5e/accounts excel version.xls

Second sheet - income

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pak0lxoy1wf1ad0/template for income.xlsx

Again - see number one - please!

Brilliant thank you again Lynne, I have saved them ready to block out some time ( once I have bought the excel for dummies book!!! LOL )) with a cuppa tea and some biccies to get my head around them!

Huge Heart for this ! XX:Love:

Dont know how you do it and how you squeeze in the time but your spreadsheets have been invaluble for me and my business! Thank you so very much, most appreciated! xx

You're very welcome!
I'm sorry it took me so long to sort out the formatting on the expenses one yesterday; it was a busy day, and it was one of those jobs that needed a good run at it without interruptions.

Why do we do it? To help people!

In our position as distributors we see lots of people who have the best of intentions in running a business, but just haven't been taught how to do it.
It would be easy to say, get thee to a business course, but they're expensive and time consuming, and not everyone can afford it, especially when they're starting out.

If I can help, even just a little bit, with my spreadsheets, then I feel that I'm helping the industry as a whole. Who knows, it might even inspire people to think, actually I do need a bit more business training.

From a purely selfish point of view we want to do everything we can to support our customers; we want them to be successful!

Last edited:
Hello Lynne I have a excel sorted out but would be brill to see how yours looks to edit mine. I can't seem to at through on the drop box links? Coup you email me please?xx

Sure, you will need to on me your email address though!

These spreadsheets will help me so much. Thank you so much. :D:D:D

I now no longer finding being self employed a nightmare :D:D:D xx

Latest posts

Back